Line 6 Relay g50

Cem

Experienced
I see that everybody loves g90 but, It's too big for my setup.

How about g50? I read the Compare of them by line 6 site. They don't seem that different. Any love for g50?

Heard good things about the new shure as well.

HOwever I've been using the g55 line 6 for a few months. I like it and all. Sound quality is good. The thing I'm noticing a lot is that the RF meter is always reading 3-4 out of 5 bars for possible interference. I think this is due to the in ear rack near by. That being said my signal has been fine at shows but supposedly this cuts down the range a little bit. You might be happier with the sennheiser or shure units if they find the cleanest channel automatically which the line 6 ones do not. You have to scan through all 12 channels yourself to see which is best.

I'm using the tx-v30 or what it's called :) payed like 200 dollars, 1100DKK(cheap), and it works perfect on small stages. A bit delay when moving too far away but that's only when being 10/15 meters away :)

Reactions: JMR
Hi, the 90 55 and 50 all work great by themselves. I chose the G50 because I wanted the option of jamming without my Axe Fx. I put a piece of velco on the rack and just place it there for gigs.
Only problem I have seen with all the units is, certain mixers that allow for apps control of each aux out for in-ears monitors will not link with the LINE 6 WIRELESS SYSTEMS.

I tried a friends G30 for a show and it was great!

I understand the G30 has the same circuitry and sound as the other Relay G units.
Only difference is the receiver and transmitter housing is plastic. The G50, G55 and G90 are the same transmitter made of metal.

G30 May not be as rugged but sounds great!

The G 30 and G 50 are the same EXCEPT G 30 has one line out. I need 2 outs. I use the 2nd out to trigger a TC harmony GXT PEDAL FOR VOCALS :encouragement:.
Only issue I had was the battery door jaring open and releasing the batteries. . If you tighten the allen screws on the back of the battery unit you can prevent this.:ugeek
I think it may also have a place in reamping in the analog studio world.:geek Has anyone else tried this?

Last edited:
G50 is awesome. I chose it over the G30 because of the build quality and that fact that the transmitter pack has a screen display on it.

Reactions: Cem
When I was looking into the Line 6 Relay range, one thing that kept cropping up with the G30 is that the transmitter pack takes a regular size jack, rather than the locking XLR that the transmitter pack for the G50/90 uses. Apparently, this causes quite a bit of wear and tear on the socket and can lead to leads falling out or just failure in general.

You should consider how regularly you plan on using the wireless unit and whether this could be a factor or not.

If you do opt for the G50 (I would and did) you should consider a little extra budget for a replacement cable. It's not particularly high quality and a lot of the issues that have been reported with the G50/90 have been resolved by changing the supplied cable.

Yea I agree, get a nice cable to use and keep the supplied one for backup. I got a nice one with a silent right angle end 16inch from Best Tronics. They always take good care of me.

Back
Top Bottom