Lick of the week with the AX8

1987 jump and a bit of delay from the AX8
With a Tele.

Video and audio are slightly out of sync after I uploaded it.

You da man Larry. Nice lick. Thanks for sharing. What monitor do you use?
Sorry, Seems like the signal went straight to the PC?

1987 jump and a bit of delay from the AX8
With a Tele.

Video and audio are slightly out of sync after I uploaded it.

Hi Hhuent, I did this at I think 2 am so yes, I went direct into the board. Even my doggy was asleep next to me. :0)

What do I use for monitoring you ask?
Over the years of going direct with fractal units "Ultra , II , II MK2, XL and now AX8 I have collection monitoring options. At home in my studio I have a set of Genelec 1029As with a sub. That's my main production studio monitors. I have a travel studio with small Focal monitors, live I have been using either 2Tech 21 Power Engines or a pair of EV powered monitors ( I have 15's and the smaller 8's I think are Zax8)? And if room is tight in the van on van tours I use 1 trace Elliott acoustic amp TA 200. It is a stereo unit. Light small and nice sounding. But I still rely on the venues PA the most. Fly shows I never bring monitors

Oh I have a great set of in ears by ultimate ears. They are the RM series. (Studio Refrence grade)

I'll do some more sounds just in the room today with just the camera mic. I'm getting the AX8 programmed for a long night of playing tonight. So I need check all my presets I e been making the last 3 days

Thank you for watching and listening. And thank you everyone for the kind words. Glad your like the link and the tone!
Larry

Nice playing and tone!

Question for you: Did the ax8 receive the same 1.02 update that the axe fx got with the new amps and fx?

Wow...sounds great! In all fairness though a great deal of that soul is coming from the fingers...simple but so tasteful. Excellent thank you for posting!

Kind of crazy that an A list player talks with the mere mortals...thanks!

Hi Hhuent, I did this at I think 2 am so yes, I went direct into the board. Even my doggy was asleep next to me. :0)

What do I use for monitoring you ask?
Over the years of going direct with fractal units "Ultra , II , II MK2, XL and now AX8 I have collection monitoring options. At home in my studio I have a set of Genelec 1029As with a sub. That's my main production studio monitors. I have a travel studio with small Focal monitors, live I have been using either 2Tech 21 Power Engines or a pair of EV powered monitors ( I have 15's and the smaller 8's I think are Zax8)? And if room is tight in the van on van tours I use 1 trace Elliott acoustic amp TA 200. It is a stereo unit. Light small and nice sounding. But I still rely on the venues PA the most. Fly shows I never bring monitors

Oh I have a great set of in ears by ultimate ears. They are the RM series. (Studio Refrence grade)

I'll do some more sounds just in the room today with just the camera mic. I'm getting the AX8 programmed for a long night of playing tonight. So I need check all my presets I e been making the last 3 days

Thank you for watching and listening. And thank you everyone for the kind words. Glad your like the link and the tone!
Larry

If this is what it sounds like into your board I have high hopes the AX8 will deliver the goods for me. May have to go through quite a steep learning curve, but my first experience witht the FX8 (which was not so difficult to handle actually) may help a bit. How did you experience the GUI of the AX8 as a long time fractal and AXE II user? Was it more or less the same for you or is the AX8 firmware easier for tweaking yor tones?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Would like to see you on stage some time but this would include a jetlag ;-)

Back
Top Bottom