Library blocks - do change affect all involved blocks in one shot?

dariosicily

You save blocks with specific parameters to have a preferred of yours to recall everytime you use same effect, could it be a delay, an amp or anything and you need to recall those values you found suitable to your taste.

But, when you change those parameters within a preset, I doubt those new changes affect all other blocks by the same name in other presets, right ?

So if you have changed your taste and found that a specific value within the saved block is actually better to be modified, you have to go to all the other presets and modify the block one by one, right ?

Could then this be a suggestion for a next update, having a function to update all blocks by the same name in all presets ?

Would it work?

just my 2 cents

Blocks in other presets are not affected. It is not even saved in the preset that you used something from your block library. The block library exists only on your computer.

Yes, some sort of block linkage to distribute a block update across multiple presets had been requested many times

Mmm... got it. Would be useful, very much.

I will post this to the wish section too, may it be heard and realized one day :cool:

The problem is that a library block always contains the X and the Y state of a block. I keep forgetting about this causing the Y side of the existing block to be lost/overwritten when loading a library block. Before we can have global blocks I'd say we need the X/Y relationship separated in a more convenient way.

Back
Top Bottom