LFO start point defaults to the Mid point...?

Sergius9

I'm trying to create a synth sound that starts very low and slowly slides up to final (higher) pitch by using an LFO assigned to the Shift parameter in the synth block. I also assigned a scene controller modifier to the Run/Stop parameter of the LFO.

Scene 1: Synth block is off. LFO is in Stop.
Scene 2: Synth block turns on. LFO is in Run.

The problem I'm running into is that the LFO start point defaults to the Mid point. I can't figure out how to have the LFO run from the Start point.

Any ideas?

Selecting LFO 1B or 2B with B Phase at 90 degrees and modifier min/max or start/end swapped from the current values might give the result you're looking for. The LFO will keep running though so I'm not too sure an LFO is actually the right tool for the goal you described.

Selecting LFO 1B or 2B with B Phase at 90 degrees and modifier min/max or start/end swapped from the current values might give the result you're looking for. The LFO will keep running though so I'm not too sure an LFO is actually the right tool for the goal you described.
I need a one shot sweep starting at Shift -24 ending at different Shift values for each voice (0, 12 and 24). What would you suggest I try?

I initially set up my expression pedal to do this manually and it works perfectly. I was trying to automate this if possible.

A control switch (or external switch) as the modifier source with attack time set high enough, probably.

The shift parameter will quantize to half step intervals though so you'll need to control frequency instead for a smooth change. It used to be smooth but this changed in an update a while back, leaving no way for a smooth pitch bend of a voice via modifier with tracking on e.g. guitar signal as synth pitch source.

A control switch (or external switch) as the modifier source with attack time set high enough, probably.

The shift parameter will quantize to half step intervals though so you'll need to control frequency instead for a smooth change. It used to be smooth but this changed in an update a while back, leaving no way for a smooth pitch bend of a voice via modifier with tracking on e.g. guitar signal as synth pitch source.
The problem with controlling the frequency is that it's impossible to entered the exact values for notes. I guess if you get close enough and you're detuning voices and following with heavy modulation, delays and reverbs, it might work.

Back
Top Bottom