LF Pro: Grouping multiple effects to a single CC/IA

From what I've read/played around with, I don't think this is possible, but I figured I'd run it by the community and see if anyone has any ideas.

Let's say I have three patches: Clean chorused, clean phased, clean flanged. For sake of simplicity, let's say each preset has only an amp and a single effect (either chorus, phaser, or flanger depending on the preset).
On the Axe, I have CCs set for Chorus, Phase, and Flange all set to CC 1.

Is there a way to configure an IA button for all three of these effects and get stateful LEDs? I know I can assign the IA switch a CC of 1 and get the modulation effect to turn on and off when I hit the button regardless of which patch I'm on. What I'm looking for is a way for be to be able to assign all effects 'Chorus, Flanger, AND Phaser' to the LF IA, so that when each patch loads, the LF gets the current state of the modulation block on that switch, regardless of if there is Chorus, Flange, or Phase on that block.

It looks like I can only assign a single 'effect block' to the IA switch, so the LF is only aware of the preset's modulation effect state if I happen to choose the preset with that effect.

Is there a way to do this?

Poked around some more and it looks like I can spoof the initial state of the effect preset with this:

"PRESET EDIT MODE. Scroll down to IA INITIAL STATES. You can then press the IA switches. Press once makes it GREEN. again makes it RED. again shuts it off."

I can set those presets to have the initial MOD IA state of green. I'll give this a shot tonight, but I think this is gonna work for me. I just hope I don't want to create an effect with more than one modulation type in it. Then things will get confusing! I need more IA buttons : D.

The flexibility of this foot controller is immense. I don't miss my simple 'program change only' controller one bit!

stevehollx said:
Poked around some more and it looks like I can spoof the initial state of the effect preset with this:

"PRESET EDIT MODE. Scroll down to IA INITIAL STATES. You can then press the IA switches. Press once makes it GREEN. again makes it RED. again shuts it off."

I can set those presets to have the initial MOD IA state of green. I'll give this a shot tonight, but I think this is gonna work for me. I just hope I don't want to create an effect with more than one modulation type in it. Then things will get confusing! I need more IA buttons : D.

The flexibility of this foot controller is immense. I don't miss my simple 'program change only' controller one bit!

Yep, that is what I do

Steve,

You may all ready know this, but you can keep you effects on separate CC's (in case you just want to change the state of one of them), but program multiple CC's within a single switch.

It takes some practice, but scrolling through the pages of IA's can be done fairly easily and if you haven't read this post on switching from 8P to 8S, I suggest you check it out:

http://liquidfoot.setbb.com/tips-and-tr ... -t344.html

Back
Top Bottom