LEXICON MPX R1 Bi-Coloured LEDs

damienmcgauley

Inspired
Hi All,

I'm currently waiting for my Axe Fx-II to arrive (Sussi says it should be this month!) and I'm hoping to use my LEXICON MPX R1 as a controller. I currently use my R1 with my MPX G2 rack effects unit and they work great together. I'm hoping to have the LEDs set up to operate the same way in the AXE FX as in Lexicon's "FX MODE" (ie: Green Led ON = Effect ON, Red Led ON = Effect OFF (but available), No Led Lit = Effect not available. Pretty much the same as on the MFC)

I know how to set up basic preset recall, but have any midi boffins out there figured out how to sync up the Red/Green/OFF status while just using the UP and DOWN on the Controller in FX mode? I know that the R1 has some pretty deep programming abilities using "setups" but I haven't read anything specifically about transmitting LED status FROM the Axe-FX II TO the R1.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards.

Damien

Hi ,

unfortunately I must disappoint You . Axe uses it's own 1 byte system exclusive messages to turn on and off leds in MFC.
Lexicon is not capable to send or receive any of those- sorry . You can change pathes only.

If You don't want to buy MFC (which is great) second best option is Behringer FCB1010 , but to control effects You need to get special software for FCB1010.

There is long thread about FCB1010 - there You can find all info about it .

Zbyszek

Thanks for your help Zbyszek and Miketheman,

I've seen the other threads on the R1 but hadn't seen any comment about the Bi-Coloured LED functionality.

If only there were an UNO chip replacement for the R1.....now there's an idea!

Back
Top Bottom