Lexicon 224 style Reverb ?

Anand Mahangoe

Power User
Hi !
I have heard the Univeral Audio Golden Reverb demo and it has a great sounding Lexicon 224 style reverb around 0:46 …..

Anyone here who has recreated that warm Lexicon Reverb yet ?

Hi !
I have heard the Univeral Audio Golden Reverb demo and it has a great sounding Lexicon 224 style reverb around 0:46 …..

Anyone here who has recreated that warm Lexicon Reverb yet ?

I like your question and was going to ask the same thing! I've had the great fortune of working with real Lexicon 224 and 224XL reverbs for some years and it would be very cool to know if anyone has accurately modeled it, or come close to it's very unique sound and reverb tail modulation behavior - a very special chorusing/ensemble magic indeed!

Pretty big any big hall style reverb with some modulations is the typical “lexicon” or the “224” style reverb.

Those units did a range of other sounds too, room style etc, it’s just the big hall style stuff was quite a new technology at the time, and while not 100% realistic, slightly low bit rate etc, it sounded really cool and “cinematic” and then you had stuff like the BladeRunner soundtrack dripping in ambient reverb and the “lexicon” reverb went down in history, but really don’t need a 224 to sound like a 224 these days.

I’ve got a Meris Mercury 7 and that is sold as BladeRunner inspired reverb and it’s using a cathedral algorithm and doesn’t say Lexicon anywhere in the literature but it’s “that” sound.

Back
Top Bottom