Levels Jumped

twang6

I had my ax8 set up for two banks with many of the same settings but levels were set up for two different guitars. I turned it on tonight and the first couple patches pegged the meters. Don't know what could have happened to cause that. Not all are out of wack but all of bank 17 pegged the internal meter..?? went to amp mixer section and cut the level to 33db.

Some setting were ok in that bank, two out of 8. One #8 had no sound at all, the links were missing between the blocks???
Glad it didn't happen at a gig.

I’ve never ever seen that happen since launch of the product.

Please upload some of the problem presets. Export them using AX8-Edit and upload the resulting files here.

I dialed most of them back. Here is one I just found.

Attachments

• 65 Bassman Suhr.csv
    13.6 KB · Views: 4
Already dialed this back using amp level in mixer section of amp block

Attachments

• 65 Bassman Suhr.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
It was very quiet when I loaded it up? I had to raise the 'X' amp level to -13 to get to a good level? The 'Y' amp was ok...

What firmware are you on? There have been many beta versions out with some level and 'X/Y' bugs..

Last edited:
It was very quiet when I loaded it up? I had to raise the 'X' amp level to -13 to get to a good level? The 'Y' amp was ok...

What firmware are you on? There have been many beta versions out with some level and 'X/Y' bugs..

A few firmwares back mine jumped really loud and blew my head off but it went away as soon as I switched to a different preset and then back. Happened a couple more times intermittently but I haven't had it happen in quite a while. I've been using my II and III though mostly and have the 8 for backup. Hope you get it lined out

A few firmwares back mine jumped really loud and blew my head off but it went away as soon as I switched to a different preset and then back. Happened a couple more times intermittently but I haven't had it happen in quite a while. I've been using my II and III though mostly and have the 8 for backup. Hope you get it lined out
It would be disaster at a gig....

A number of mine seem to be hitting the red and giving some distortion that I didn't used to get as well. As far as I can tell, the global/system levels are the same as they were before the update.

But no worries, I'm just going to drop all the scenes in my presets by 10db and should be fine... many of them had gotten to where the scenes were in the +10 to +15 range anyway. And once this new band gets going I'll be re-working my presets anyway.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom