Level of Out 2 when I/O -> Audio -> Output 2 Echo -> Output 1.

Gebella

Hi all,

I am using my Output 2 to copy the signal of Output 1 to feed to my Apogee Duet for recording.

This way -- I/O -> Audio -> Output 2 Echo -> Output 1.

I am looking at the VU meters on the Utility menu, and the level of the Out 2 signal is significantly higher than Out 1, and clips all the time.

Shouldn't Out 2 be an exact copy of Out 1?

How do I keep the level of Out 2 the same as Out 1?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Checked it. Both Out 1 and Out 2 are at 0 - exactly the same. I don't think that's it.

Also - in the Utility Menu, VU Tab, at the bottom of the screen:

A: Amp 1 Level: [reflects the level in the Amp Block] OUT 1 LEVEL: 50%
B: Amp 2 Level: -12 [no amp 2 in the preset] OUT 2 LEVEL: 50%

Last edited:
No. No Effect Loop. I don't think it's preset specific, it happens on every preset.

i just noticed something else. If I turn the Axe-FX off and back on, and I don't turn on my Matrix GT1000FX, the levels seem to be fine, but when I turn on the power amp, the levels get messed up - any ideas?

That shouldn't happen just from switching on an amp. Do you have a MIDI controller or computer/USB connection to the Axe-FX when this happens? Have you configured a pedal/switch to control Output 1 volume? Any MIDI-capable software running? One thing you could try: go to the I/O: CTRL page and set Output 1 Volume and Output 2 Volume to "NONE".

Posting a video showing what happens might be useful too.

Bakerman - You the man! Yes, I have a Mission pedal to control Out 1 volume - that's it! Thank you very much for your help. Mystery Solved.

so Out 2 wasn't the same level as Out 1 and the reason was a pedal that turned down Out 1?

Yes - I plugged in my mission pedal into EX Pedal 1 and I am using it as a volume control.

FOLLOW UP QUESTION - how do I get Out 2 to match the volume of Out 1 when I am using the Mission pedal as a volume pedal?

Back
Top Bottom