Let's take a simple poll : Does G3 (V18) has that extra AMP mojo over G2 (V17)

Let's take a simple poll : Does G3 (V18) has that extra AMP mojo over G2 (V17)

• Yes, Yes, Yes !!!

Votes: 139 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 68 28.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Can't tell

Votes: 25 10.3%

• Total voters
I just can't tell at this point. I really haven't had the time to sit down and really see if things have changed much. Though some of the controls do seem a bit more reactive than before.

Though to be 100% honest, at this point my sound problems are mostly a "Me" problem and my inexperience and lack of familiarity with my axe-fx. Or poor matching with other equipment in my audio loop.

I didn't bother to read the other comments but I voted yes. Not at first though.. I had to re-dial in my ENTIRE main preset but once I did it sounds even more authentic and real.

This poll is meaningless. If Cliff crapped on the floor 70% of you would declare it the best turd of all time and insist on a national holiday to celebrate it.

I'm still in beta so I cant comment on 18.1

There are quite a few amps that were G3 in beta and that is what the poll is asking. Nowhere in the poll question was 18.1 mentioned.

So it appears your logical skills are about on par with your bubbling personality.

Definitely !

tumblr_mdqrrrrgja1qafyy9o1_500_zpshhvf03z3.jpg

I went back to 17. Sorry to be that guy. Just being truthful. Nothing wrong with 18, just not hearing this amazing new thing everyone else is claiming to hear/feel. I spent 4 days with 1801, and I was about 10% through updating my presets... again. Took a break after 2 hours and while having a coffee, decided to just return to 17 so I could get back to playing.

I did find that the new amps with "default settings" and stock cabs are providing a more ideal "base" tone if you will, but still, nothing that made me go off the deep end like some of you guys lol

For me the feeling and tone have been there since FW14, and comparing my recordings of versions to versions, I always seem to dial in the same results, and as such not really feeling like going through nearly 300 presets and redoing them all, just to end up in the same place. I think the only way I'm going to update now is if new functionality that I will use is added, otherwise, I'm content with what I have.

Back
Top Bottom