Let's Share : The fews guitars notes (lick) that moves/electrizes us in a track

PALYGAP

Experienced
I've recently been listening to Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun version on Band Of Gypsys album, and a few notes kept on electrizing my brain (more than others) :

at 0:49 in that YouTube :

Just though it would be nice to share the few notes that "electrize" us. Sometimes just a few notes are enough though there usually is a build up to it. It's a minimalistic exercise.;) Let's try to stick to extract of less that 15s.

And one more since my pseudo is PALYGAP : From Jimi's Paly Gap

2:40

there are loads i could post from Mr Holdsworth...and most of them wouldn't be super fast runs, but would actually a couple of notes or phrases that just ooze emotion and have incredible note choices. they're the ones that give me goosebumps.

Pretty much the entire track of Steve Vai's "For The Love of God"... Steve is not my favorite guitarist, but that song is hands-on down my all time favorite instrumental track!

There are not a lot of instrumental songs (especially shreddy ones) that really emotionally grab me but this one always does.

I read years ago that he fasted for several days to prepare for recording it... Not sure why but when I listen to it I am completely absorbed and drawn in by the intensity and emotion!

Edit: added video link

http://youtu.be/SBRoI0sG8Jg

Especially like 03:20-04:20 in this video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2:40

there are loads i could post from Mr Holdsworth...and most of them wouldn't be super fast runs, but would actually a couple of notes or phrases that just ooze emotion and have incredible note choices. they're the ones that give me goosebumps.

Wow... Got to go get this album!

Love the Holdsworth note choices - he's such a genius! The first time I heard him was the album Secrets, and it is still my fave from him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Always been a big fan of "Guitary" songs.. A couple come to mind..

Love the timing of the notes. Some on the beat, some behind, some way behind. Love this...
Check out the "wireless" guitar!

Always been a big fan of "Guitary" songs.. A couple come to mind..

Love the timing of the notes. Some on the beat, some behind, some way behind. Love this...
Check out the "wireless" guitar!

The Robert Plant vid looks pre recorded to me. Would of been cooler had he done it live!!!

The Robert Plant vid looks pre recorded to me. Would of been cooler had he done it live!!!

Yes, it seemed all the "Top of the Pop" shows were prerecorded and the band is just miming the song.
Funny to watch them most of the time. As I recall, Phil Collins was drumming for the band at this time but didn't
want to be on the show. Embarrassing to watch now. But in it's day... Wow...

Back
Top Bottom