Let's see your ride.....

I used to have Chevy's.
My first was a Chevy Van and later on Suburbans.
They all ran on LPG since gasoline is much more expensive here in Europe.
Also, there was a special tax regime for vans and SUV's they are going to abolish next year in Blegium.
So for a SUV with a V8, you'll be paying over €10,000 to register the car and over €3000 annual taxes.
Later on that became much more expensive too so I bought a GMC Suburban with a 6,5L Diesel.
That wasn't very economic either so I had to switch to an European car - an Opel Vivaro.
But my favourite still was this one:
View attachment 113358
My father still drives a 1972 Suburban w/ a 454. (That’s been rebuilt at least twice maybe three times now.). His other car is a 1964 356 Pcar cabriolet that’s been highly modified. It’s a genetic disease.

Soon I'm not gonna be allowed to hang out here, I'm of insufficient means.
I only showed my nicer ride. I also have a '97 4x4 Ranger pickup with 235K miles. It's not much of a looker, but it still runs and is handy for hauling things I don't want to put in my 4Runner.
My father still drives a 1972 Suburban w/ a 454. (That’s been rebuilt at least twice maybe three times now.)...
The first vehicle I ever bought was a 2 wheel drive '72 Suburban with the 454 and a 4 barrel. On a good day I could get 6 mpg out of it. :D

Since we're also talking history, and high miles, I just donated my 2006 Accord w just shy of 300k on it. Great car, really no serious work needed in all that time. But there's enough wrong w it now that I don't want to put money into keeping a second car going, when we don't drive enough to keep even one happy.

Here's my gear hauler. 2010 4Runner Limited. I'd love to do a lift kit and off-road suspension for the look, but the current configuration will get me down every Forest Sevice and BLM road I've tried so far. My serious off-roading days were over 30 years ago.View attachment 113235
My 2004 Pilot has been used similarly in NF/BLM. It's got 220K, and after off-roading a bit too much the suspension and front steering is shot and needs replacing.

I've been living the SUV life about 50% of the time for the last 5 years. I always travel with my axe and Axe.

20200930_160113.jpg

20200928_173730.jpg

20220805_130733.jpg

I've been living the SUV life about 50% of the time for the last 5 years. I always travel with my axe and Axe.

I love that...my '11 X5 is my camping & festival buddy, I just bring a little NUX wireless amp for that, but there's something about SUV camping I dig. Going to an off-road desert race in Feb and I'll be living out of a Tahoe for the week, and I can't wait.

PXL_20220923_035719784~3.jpg

PXL_20220925_040648499.NIGHT.jpg

Looks like a 2018 GTS?

Hi Cliff

Yes, its a 2019 GTS (Gen 2) - my first with PDK which is fantastic (once you get over the loss of being ’in charge’ of changing gears!). I installed PPF on the body and ceramic coating on the alloys, so each time it’s washed it literally looks like it has just left the showroom, wish I could play guitar as well as I wash my car though 🙄.

Cheers Gilesy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom