Let's see those FM9 rigs!

I think you can but not sure yet mine comes tomorrow. My GR55 that is. I have owned well this will be my 4th GR55. It's a love hate thing as far as the GK3. Anyways I used to run a Boss GT100 and the GR55 together and be able to switch patches. here is a video of how those to connected check it out might be of use. i will be checking it out as well.

I also have a love hate with the GR55, I modified mine to accept 1/4 inch in for access to the COSM sounds (Make sure to buffer) and use it as an amp modeler effectively. I installed a GK-kit in my Jerry type strat and that was my main rig for a long time. I upgraded to the FM9 from that. I never did like the direct sound out of it to FOH so I always used to mic my amp with it. Anyways, wanted to let you know there are other Roland freaks out there too!!

20240306_091956.jpg20240306_091948.jpg
Cheap base pedalboard, Modified with Mod3 from Rockboard, Added input jacks for 1/4 inch instruments and patched Input 3 to an XLR for microphone. Mostly use that function for solo gigs, but I may end up treating vocals with this unit as well and use it with bands.

Had some help from the forum on correct screws to mount to pedalboard, waiting for 90 degree power cable so that I may just be unplugging/plugging into the Rockboard Mod3 and the jacks I installed into the pedalboard. Still have some tidying to do but, you all know, pedal projects are never realllllly complete.

20240306_091935.jpg

View attachment 136437View attachment 136438
Cheap base pedalboard, Modified with Mod3 from Rockboard, Added input jacks for 1/4 inch instruments and patched Input 3 to an XLR for microphone. Mostly use that function for solo gigs, but I may end up treating vocals with this unit as well and use it with bands.

Had some help from the forum on correct screws to mount to pedalboard, waiting for 90 degree power cable so that I may just be unplugging/plugging into the Rockboard Mod3 and the jacks I installed into the pedalboard. Still have some tidying to do but, you all know, pedal projects are never realllllly complete.

View attachment 136439
Nice setup!

Do you have a guitar from DGN?

Nice setup!

Do you have a guitar from DGN?
No, I wish. I did purchase a Unity Gain Buffer and his Strat-o-blaster active circuits for 2 of my guitars though. I have a good friend who is a luthier and made me a guitar, its sort of like a les Paul jr, single Stacked P90 in the bridge and I designed the electronics so I can get any combination of wiring with the flip of a couple switches.

No, I wish. I did purchase a Unity Gain Buffer and his Strat-o-blaster active circuits for 2 of my guitars though. I have a good friend who is a luthier and made me a guitar, its sort of like a les Paul jr, single Stacked P90 in the bridge and I designed the electronics so I can get any combination of wiring with the flip of a couple switches.
Awesome! I just ordered a loaded pickguard from DGN, picking it up next week! Gonna put it in a strat-style body I have lying around, I'm pumped. It comes with his custom made pups (HSH) with a blaster circuit and coil taps.

Awesome! I just ordered a loaded pickguard from DGN, picking it up next week! Gonna put it in a strat-style body I have lying around, I'm pumped. It comes with his custom made pups (HSH) with a blaster circuit and coil taps.
Beautiful, It's quality stuff, Donato endorses him which I think has been very good for him. I bet you really dig the sound!

Finally finished my fly rig for the summer. Been flying since 2019 with my Axe3, Matrix Power Amp, Shure PSM 900 IEM & Shure GLXD4R guitar wireless weighing in at 50lbs, my FC & incidentals in another checked bag, and carrying on my Mono Dual Electric case w/my my laptop carry on. I am too old for that crap anymore lol!

Now I will have my entire rig in one checked case, most likely the Pelican 1595 Air, but may move up to the 1615 Air, haven't decided. You will see that I extended the handles with picture frame clips so my FM9 and EV2 would fit on the Duo 24. I like it, but I added 5/8 inch feet on the bottom of the Temple board making it just as easy to pick it up, maybe easier, lol. So I may remove the handles giving me another inch of foam space in the 1595 Air.

Underneath is my GLXD4R and PSM900 with all antennas being mounted thru to the top of the Temple Board. I am running OUT1 to the Temple AMPMOD to my 2 Marshall cabs, and I'm gonna be honest, it sounds great. Not a Matrix, but for what I need, which is just to allow me to feel the air move on stage, it is all good🎸.

All power is coming in thru the Temple IEC AC Mains Micro Module, splitting 3 ways. Split #1 adding an extra on/off switch to the AMPMOD for the rare event I am not using cabs. Split #2 going to the Temple Hi5L MOD powering my 2 wireless units and LEDs, and split #3 running to my FM9.

I added l a 1/4 TRS Panel Mount Pigtai to Input 2 TRS to bring IEM feed from the FOH into my FM9, out of OUT3 of my FM9 into my PSM900, so I can have independent control of my guitar volume in stereo, with the house IEM feed up the middle of my ears. Then added 2 XLR Female Panel Mount Pigtails to OUT2 L/R stereo for my FOH feed.

Lastly, I cut pretty much every cable, AC power, DC power, XLR, TRS etc, and re-soldered/rewired them all to save space and weight. My wife has a word for that, but I digress..... All of it I checked a million times on my multimeter to make sure I dont kill myself, and then I checked again 🙏.

Will make a youtube vid of my build with all my tips and tricks in the next week or so. Next up ... Pelican Air baby!IMG_5975.jpegIMG_5978.jpegIMG_5994.jpegIMG_6003.jpegIMG_5949.jpegIMG_5953.jpegIMG_5955.jpegIMG_5971.jpegIMG_5966.jpegIMG_5888.jpeg

Last edited:
A few more pics for your viewing pleasure. Forgot to mention all cables are Ernie Ball flat ribbons, super light weight. The only 3 cables not Ernie Ball are the Panel mounts that I soldered to my needs, 2 with low profile Switchcraft XLRs for OUT2, and 1 with a regular Switchcraft TRS for INPUT2 IEMs. Also, no sticky back velcro, both the FM9 and the EV2 are screwed in😁

I have a full record of everything I bought for the build and happy to share links if anyone needs. 🎶

Rock on!

IMG_5898.jpegIMG_5900.jpegIMG_5931.jpegIMG_5932.jpegIMG_5924.jpegIMG_5923.jpegIMG_5936.jpeg

Last edited:
@rnjscooter - can you share details on the extended handle hack? That looks really slick and I'm sure others would want to do something similar.

So, it was a journey, but basically found these offset clips. I painted them with They make them in 3/8, 1/2 and on and on. I wanted a small offset to save space. I would have bent them out just a little because as you can see they are bent in a little once mounted. I painted them black with Nestor's model paint prior to mounting. I think I used M5 screws with nylon nuts on the back and used the original M4 screw that comes w the board for the handle. All these things you need to do BEFORE adding modules. The exception being the the IEC module needs to be locked in before putting the side panels on. There is definitely an order to things lol. Here is the link to the clips. You can also get them at Michael's and Joann's.

1/4" Canvas Offset Clips Extra Heavy Duty with Screws 20 Pack

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MS39R3W?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

A few more pics for your viewing pleasure. Forgot to mention all cables are Ernie Ball flat ribbons, super light weight. The only 3 cables not Ernie Ball are the Panel mounts that I soldered to my needs.

I have a full record of everything I bought for the build and happy to share links if anyone needs. 🎶

Rock on!

View attachment 136891View attachment 136892View attachment 136893View attachment 136894View attachment 136895View attachment 136896View attachment 136897
Incredible job! I have a Shure GLX14R+ arriving tomorrow and going to mount under my board as well.

Curious, have you experienced interference with the wireless unit being on the ground, or near your FM9? Also any tonal changes adjustments
Finally finished my fly rig for the summer. Been flying since 2019 with my Axe3, Matrix Power Amp, Shure PSM 900 IEM & Shure GLXD4R guitar wireless weighing in at 50lbs, my FC & incidentals in another checked bag, and carrying on my Mono Dual Electric case w/my my laptop carry on. I am too old for that crap anymore lol!

Now I will have my entire rig in one checked case, most likely the Pelican 1595 Air, but may move up to the 1615 Air, haven't decided. You will see that I extended the handles with picture frame clips so my FM9 and EV2 would fit on the Duo 24. I like it, but I added 5/8 inch feet on the bottom of the Temple board making it just as easy to pick it up, maybe easier, lol. So I may remove the handles giving me another inch of foam space in the 1595 Air.

Underneath is my GLXD4R and PSM900 with all antennas being mounted thru to the top of the Temple Board. I am running OUT1 to the Temple AMPMOD to my 2 Marshall cabs, and I'm gonna be honest, it sounds great. Not a Matrix, but for what I need, which is just to allow me to feel the air move on stage, it is all good🎸.

All power is coming in thru the Temple IEC AC Mains Micro Module, splitting 3 ways. Split #1 adding an extra on/off switch to the AMPMOD for the rare event I am not using cabs. Split #2 going to the Temple Hi5L MOD powering my 2 wireless units and LEDs, and split #3 running to my FM9.

I added l a 1/4 TRS Panel Mount Pigtai to Input 2 TRS to bring IEM feed from the FOH into my FM9, out of OUT3 of my FM9 into my PSM900, so I can have independent control of my guitar volume in stereo, with the house IEM feed up the middle of my ears. Then added 2 XLR Female Panel Mount Pigtails to OUT2 L/R stereo for my FOH feed.

Lastly, I cut pretty much every cable, AC power, DC power, XLR, TRS etc, and re-soldered/rewired them all to save space and weight. My wife has a word for that, but I digress..... All of it I checked a million times on my multimeter to make sure I dont kill myself, and then I checked again 🙏.

Will make a youtube vid of my build with all my tips and tricks in the next week or so. Next upView attachment 136880View attachment 136881View attachment 136882View attachment 136883View attachment 136884View attachment 136885View attachment 136886View attachment 136887View attachment 136888View attachment 136889... Pelican Air baby!
absolutely amazing. I cut and re-soldered my power cable as well for my board but what would you check for on multimeter / setting? Thanks for the tip on that.. I’m a little jealous normally I figure everything out. But I bought a usb pass through for my usb port to my board but couldn’t get it to connect to fm9 edit or computer any tips on exactly what to look for spec wise for the panel mount would be sincerely appreciated!!

Incredible job! I have a Shure GLX14R+ arriving tomorrow and going to mount under my board as well.

Curious, have you experienced interference with the wireless unit being on the ground, or near your FM9? Also any tonal changes adjustments

absolutely amazing. I cut and re-soldered my power cable as well for my board but what would you check for on multimeter / setting? Thanks for the tip on that.. I’m a little jealous normally I figure everything out. But I bought a usb pass through for my usb port to my board but couldn’t get it to connect to fm9 edit or computer any tips on exactly what to look for spec wise for the panel mount would be sincerely appreciated!!
So, for all cables you have to use the ohm setting. Check the hot on both ends and it should get signal, or beep. Check the hot on one end against the cold and negative of the other end and you should get no signal, and it should read "OL" Thats for cables. Also works for AC and DC cables. When I shortened my 2 power adapters that is a TOTALLY different story and I spent some time in trial and error till I learned how to check my work, and lets just say ohms does not apply there lol.

For my USB. I bought 2 things....

IANRENON 10Gbps USB C Panel Mount Adapter 100W USB3.1 Type C Female to Female Shorting Connector Mount Socket, D Panel/XLR Panel Mount, for Data Transfer and 20V/5A Charging, 20cm/7.8in​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CKL8DJWH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SinLoon 2 Pack USB C Printer Cable Right Angled USB B to Type C Cord 11.8inch USB B Male to USB C Male for Printer,MIDI Controller,Scanner,Digital Piano MIDI Controller,DJ Controller (Right+Right)​

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7ZNX6SR?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Sorry, missed the first Q. no issues at all as my antennas are on top. I also have the pedal version and was prepared to mount it if I couldnt' get the half rack in there. I think I may be the first on the forum to get 2 half racks underneath on a 24 inch board FM9 rig. Chime in if anyone else has done it.

Sorry, missed the first Q. no issues at all as my antennas are on top. I also have the pedal version and was prepared to mount it if I couldnt' get the half rack in there. I think I may be the first on the forum to get 2 half racks underneath on a 24 inch board FM9 rig. Chime in if anyone else has done it.

Curious about the grommets in the pass-thru holes....
Are they oval grommets or round grommets shoved into the oval holes? What size are they?

They are round grommets. they are moldable. 7/8 was too big. 3/4 worked perfect. Amazon hates me right now. I returned more in the past 2 weeks than I have my entire life ha!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BK8MGSY8?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I'm surprised they molded themselves to the oval holes so nicely. Last time I bought grommets was probably 17 years ago, when I was gearing up to build a couple prototype amps of my own design. Grommets make those HV wires from the transformers a lot happier when passing through the chassis to the inside. Ended up not proceeding to start building and selling, which turned out a lucky break, as the housing market crash followed soon after, and would likely have shuttered the business....

I'm surprised they molded themselves to the oval holes so nicely. Last time I bought grommets was probably 17 years ago, when I was gearing up to build a couple prototype amps of my own design. Grommets make those HV wires from the transformers a lot happier when passing through the chassis to the inside. Ended up not proceeding to start building and selling, which turned out a lucky break, as the housing market crash followed soon after, and would likely have shuttered the business....

Well they are made of light weight rubber. Hard to see but I hut output 3/Pedal 2 hole a little larger as I was struggling with all the connectors getting thru. 3/4 still worked fine for that.

Hello everyone.
Here is the latest version of the pedalboard: Replacement of the 2 Mission expression pedals with 2 Fractal EV-2.
Replacement of the BOSS EV-5 expression pedal with an HB switch.
Added the T-Bone Giga Pro wireless receiver (only for concerts) for rehearsals I use a BOSS WL-20 set.
I used the EV-5 only in ON/OFF mode with the tuner switched to OFF (pedal raised).....So a switch was more suited to the need.
Replacement of the 2 Mission in order to save a little space, a little weight, in use I notice better control of the position even if the pedal is a little smaller.
The HB switch mutes the outputs, it controls a VOL/PAN block placed after the delays but before the Reverb in order to have a clean but not too dry cutoff! I also had fun adding time ramps on the ON/OFF (see the screen copies)

You can notice the red tape strip on the second EV-2. Red = Wha! I regret that Fractal only offers the EV-2 in black

Attachments

• image 0 light.JPG
    image 0 light.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image 1.JPG
    image 1.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image 2.JPG
    image 2.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 25
  • image 3.JPG
    image 3.JPG