Let's see those FM9 rigs!

How do you feel about the bigger temple board? If I recall, mine used to have a good amount of give to it when stepping on it. Not a deal breaker but still....I guess the trade off is the weight
I've had no issues with give or sagging on this Temple Duo 34. The center feet keep it solid.

The longer size (34") was necessary for the previous FM3/FC6 with the two full size EV1s, but it made for a long and heavy board. Since I've freed up about 4" going to the FM9, I'm thinking about taking one of the EV1s off (used mainly for wah - I can carry that separately) and cutting the board down to 26".

How long of a TRS cable should I plan on for connecting a moog expression pedal to the fm9? Would 1 foot be long enough for the pedal to sit just to the right of the unit?
I use 12” TRS on my FC6 and FC12, because their pedal jacks are on the right side of the back panel as I look at the unit, and that length is long enough for me to place two EV-2 pedals beside the FC, with about a 4” loop to help organize the cables. I use nylon wire ties to keep them bundled together, which helps keep the pedals from wandering around when I use them.

The FM9 pedal jacks are in the center of the unit’s back panel, so 12” meant the pedals are pulled too close to the unit. To work around that, and provide some protection of the FM9 itself, I mounted it on the Temple Audio Duo 24 and routed the pedal jacks to one of their 4-plug modules on the end, so the 12” cables work fine again.

Back
Top Bottom