Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Shifted everything over about 1.5" and reinstated the fourth CC pedal on the FC6 board. Found that I was missing the pedal for a few presets here and there, and the fader just seems to delicate to push with my toe. Also, my toe's accuracy pushing it to a particular spot was less than optimal....
20240101_224106.jpg

Have been giving some thought to getting the Duo 34 for the FM9 board, switching the Expression IO and the goodies running on it to the FM9 board, and putting just the 4th pedal, the FC6, and the four switches connected to it (the four on the left with no toppers) on the Duo 17 board. Might be a fair while in this config while I think it over. Putting the first 3 pedals on the board with the FM9 and the Expression IO switches would make that board able to contain all of the "necessities" for a grab-and-go single board and put the "extra niceties" on the smaller board.

Shifted everything over about 1.5" and reinstated the fourth CC pedal on the FC6 board. Found that I was missing the pedal for a few presets here and there, and the fader just seems to delicate to push with my toe. Also, my toe's accuracy pushing it to a particular spot was less than optimal....
Awesome and great..nice looking,too... Would you kind enough to share the layout how to operate the FC6 + FM9 ?...

I think this is probably its final form. Added the HX One for funsies. I've barely messed with it at all but I do like the acoustic sim a lot, especially with some Fractal effects. I also added the expression knob to control the wet level in my w/d/w setup.

View attachment 132241
What is the board you're using for the drop, hx one, etc ??? Is it natively that tall, or did you switch out the feet or something?

It's a Creation Music aero board with a bridge from Fix Pedalboards. It allows me to put power and wiring under the bridge.

View attachment 132369

View attachment 132368
Every time you post your board I get closer and closer to giving in and putting my FM9 on a board. This looks amazing.

What size Creation Audio board is this? Did you get Fix to make the back plate for the riser where you mounted all your connections? Or was that something custom you did yourself?

Every time you post your board I get closer and closer to giving in and putting my FM9 on a board. This looks amazing.

What size Creation Audio board is this? Did you get Fix to make the back plate for the riser where you mounted all your connections? Or was that something custom you did yourself?
Thanks man, that means a lot!

It's the (edited!) Creation Music Aero 24+ currently on sale) :)
I also got the soft case which is pretty nice and fits well.

The bridge is This One from Fix Pedalboards; I also got a couple D-panels for the sides.

The back panel is from a company called Front Panel Express. I designed the panel on my Mac using their app. They machined it and it came out perfectly. I got it pretty fast too iirc.

Edit: and I can authorize people to use the design for that back panel so it's basically as easy as placing the order.

Last edited:
Thanks man, that means a lot!

It's the Creation Music Aero 24 (currently on sale) :)
I also got the soft case which is pretty nice and fits well.

The bridge is This One from Fix Pedalboards; I also got a couple D-panels for the sides.

The back panel is from a company called Front Panel Express. I designed the panel on my Mac using their app. They machined it and it came out perfectly. I got it pretty fast too iirc.

Edit: and I can authorize people to use the design for that back panel so it's basically as easy as placing the order.
That looks like it would be almost the perfect solution to my problems...except for the whole shipping to Australia thing.

Really good looking board, very smart layout.

Awesome and great..nice looking,too... Would you kind enough to share the layout how to operate the FC6 + FM9 ?...

FM9 Layout #1 - Presets:
Screenshot%202024-01-02%20at%2010.38.27%E2%80%AFPM.png

Screenshot%202024-01-02%20at%2010.38.33%E2%80%AFPM.png

Also holds the 3 stand-in switch definitions for the three FM9 pedal jacks' switches.

FM9 Layout #2 - Scenes 1-4:
Screenshot%202024-01-02%20at%2010.38.41%E2%80%AFPM.png

Screenshot%202024-01-02%20at%2010.38.45%E2%80%AFPM.png

Also holds the first pair of the stand-in switch definitions for the FC6's pedal jacks' switches. Third switch definition is not used, and only serves as a reminder of what the other two are being used for.

FM9 Layout #3 - Scenes 5-8:
Screenshot%202024-01-02%20at%2010.38.52%E2%80%AFPM.png

Screenshot%202024-01-02%20at%2010.38.59%E2%80%AFPM.png

Also holds the second pair of the stand-in switch definitions for the FC6's pedal jacks' switches. Third switch definition is not used, and only serves as a reminder of what the other two are being used for.

FC6 Layout #4 - PPO - FX:
Screenshot%202024-01-02%20at%2010.39.16%E2%80%AFPM.png

Screenshot%202024-01-02%20at%2010.39.19%E2%80%AFPM.png

Holds PPOs for effects and effect channel selection. In the first View are primarily the various performance-related ones like CS and other items to be used while performing. The second View is primarily for setting up effects for particular channels between songs. Mostly don't touch these, really, but they're there if I need to....

My per-song presets are usually a fair bit less populated in the FC6 and sometimes even in the FM9, since the controls for those are less 'fly by the seat of the pants' oriented and focused on just the changes needed for the song.

Last edited:
20240101_224106.jpg

Have been giving some thought to getting the Duo 34 for the FM9 board, switching the Expression IO and the goodies running on it to the FM9 board, and putting just the 4th pedal, the FC6, and the four switches connected to it (the four on the left with no toppers) on the Duo 17 board. Might be a fair while in this config while I think it over. Putting the first 3 pedals on the board with the FM9 and the Expression IO switches would make that board able to contain all of the "necessities" for a grab-and-go single board and put the "extra niceties" on the smaller board.
Very nice setup.
Q - where do you connect all the external switches + Exp. pedals + fader?
The FC-6 and also the FM9 doesn't have so many inputs for these....if im counting correctly i see 11 or so switches?

Very nice setup.
Q - where do you connect all the external switches + Exp. pedals + fader?
The FC-6 and also the FM9 doesn't have so many inputs for these....if im counting correctly i see 11 or so switches?

The secret's in the sauce.... ;)
sauce-secret-in-the-sauce.gif

Sharp eye! There hides under the board an Expression IO MIDI converter that runs four switches and the fader and knob. :)

Do you know where exactly the difference is between those and the ones Creation Music makes? They look the same to me.
The whole board idea looks really good. I am planing to do something similar.
The main thing for me was that the Creation ones don't have the little tabs on the back. I needed those to mount the back plate.

IMG_3988.jpeg

Can I ask, did you build or buy the cables between the FM9 and the back plate? Especially the USB cable.

I have the worst board envy, right now.
I bought the usb cable from HERE. I made the TRS and XLR cables using Mogami cable from redsound and connectors from redsound and Amazon.

Reactions: rog
I bought the usb cable from HERE. I made the TRS and XLR cables using Mogami cable from redsound and connectors from redsound and Amazon.
Awesome, thanks. I'm going to try to source one of those closer to home - I checked on what the shipping was going to be like, just for ha ha's (I already knew it was going to be ugly), and this is what came up:
1704317850232.png

Living in Australia has its charms, but shipping isn't one of them. I don't even consider the USPS price to be an option anymore, as I've had a couple of untracked items sent to me via USPS, and they just disappear.

[Edit] And score. https://core-electronics.com.au/usb-b-round-panel-mount-extension-cable-30cm.html

Back
Top Bottom