Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I have a question about this setup: How thick is that Blackstar from top to bottom, not including the buttons? I'm torn between that and the AirStep. I'd prefer the Blackstar but the specs say that it's 74mm, but not if that's with the buttons. The Airstep is 45mm and fits perfect with my makeshift board. I might be able to tweak it a bit to fit better, but not by much.

If you do ever see this, thanks in advanced!

Here's my next final iteration LOL!

Gokko/Soyan 12" X 18" aluminum pedalboard.

UA OX Stomp (1 Cab/2 Mics, awesome Mic'd Room Sim, Reverb, Delay, Compression, used just for Cab-Mics, Room Sim, Reverb, and powered via the FM3's FASLink Connector using a 12V to 9V Buck X-Former and a Joyo 9V Iso X-Former). The OX Stomp saves about 5% CPU vs using the FM3's Cab Block, while the OX Stomp's Reverb saves much more CPU vs the FM3's Reverb Block.

Mosky Dual Footswitch.

Ceba Screen Protectors.

Mooer Footswitch Toppers.

Mooer Footswitch Shrooms.

Mono Club 2.0 Case

Custom Patchbay (to save the FM3's connectors from people tripping on cables on blacked out stages).

USB B Extension Cable to save the FM3's USB B Connector.

The whole pedalboard complete with cheap case, DIY patchbay and cabling cost around $100, including clockable XLR's and right-angle MIDI connectors, D-Series punched project box, plus the D-Series 5-Pin DINs and XLR connectors, and the D-Series1/4" connector.

FC Setup...

FC1 tap controls the Ableton LIVE Looper Plugin's Play button, and hold the FM3's Tuner.
FC2 tap controls the Ableton LIVE Session Loop button, and hold the Ableton LIVE Looper Plugin's Undo button plus a Boost.
FC3 tap switches a Delay FX, and hold selects a Pitch FX (Virtual Capo plus PEQ and Chorus).

The Mosky Dual Switch 1 tap increments Scenes, and hold decrements Scenes (the majority of FX changes and cross-fades/fades are automated via MIDI from Ableton LIVE).
The Mosky Dual Switch 2 tap selects Auto-Wah .

As usual, apologies for the Motorola G Power camera and the crummy studio lighting.

This Kitchen Sink Preset utilizing the UA OX Stomp for Cab with two Mics, Room Mic, and Reverb runs at an average of 75% CPU on a non-turbo FM3.

[url=https://postimages.org/][/URL]

Last edited:
My home-wanker setup.

v2uNfFN.jpg

EB headphone/guitar cable for playing in IEMs (everything but guitar comes in to input 2), mono guitar-only out to a speaker on Out 2.
Exp pedals are auto-engage volume (literally just for violyn-y swells) and wah.
Scenes are for modulation effects I don't want to ever overlap (leslie, flanger, slow smooth trem, fast choppy trem) on the first 2 switches.
Third footswitch is for drives that can't be on together but can overlap with modulations (tube screamer or "POG"->FuzzFace).
I prefer the turbo tuner to the FAS tuner mostly because it doesn't mute the rest of the IEM signal. It's powered off the Faslink port via a buck converter (underneath).
Old earplug containers are for picks (VIPickups branded D'Andrea 351 mediums and D'Addario Acrylux Reso 1.5mm).
Board is a Pedaltrain Classic JR.
Everything is held down via 3m dual lock with "risers" under the FM3 (basically more layers of dual lock stuck to each other) (I can lift the whole board by anything stuck to it).

The EHX expression pedals are kind of the weak point. They feel like junk and have some dead space at heel-down that I can't tune out of them. But, with the board being angled, I prefer their really short travel to nicer expression pedals, and the dead space doesn't actually matter in reality.

Other than replacing one long-travel expression pedal with the second EHX one yesterday, nothing has changed in months.

The silly preset name means it started on firmware version 6, is the 29th version of that preset, and is made to use 2 expression pedals. Yes, I'm a ridiculous dork. No, I don't use any other presets.

ETA, If anyone cares, the rest of the preset is:
Amp: High Power Tweed Twin turned up loud.
Cab: mono, abbey road trick EQ'd room and close-mic factory IRs of a Vox 2x12 with greenbacks (and that SIC).
There's an always-on DM2 in parallel with the leslie.

And the fuzz and stuff is largely because I have dogs.

And scene 1 is called "Home" because I think of it as home for my guitar sound.

Last edited:
Finally "finished" the main assembly of my board. I was initially going to get a Temple board, or similar, but couldn't quite bring myself to do it because I would use so few of the options that make those boards great. Instead, since I was already using a rack shelf just to rest the pedals on until I figured out what I wanted to do, I stumbled upon the idea of using another rack shelf and a couple of rails that I had on the... Shelf.

shelves.jpg

combined.jpg
inside.jpg

My hope has always been to have the FM3 tucked away and all of the controlling wherever I felt like putting it. As luck would have it, not only is this the perfect solution, I can rack the FM3 in an actual rack and when I finally make the upgrade to an Axe-FXiii (or IV???) it's as simple as plugging in the MIDI and whatnot and I'm good to go.

full board.jpg

I still have to figure out how to affix the stuff and I think I can move the bottom (the Blackstar) in another 1/2-1" and be fine. There's also the WIDI stuff (3, I think) but with this setup, all that I'll need to plug in on the floor is power. No MIDI, no signal, no nuttin'!!

And not that I’ll ever tour again, but the other benefit of using the rack shelves is that it can travel in the same rack as the Fractal units!!

Last edited:
I have a question about this setup: How thick is that Blackstar from top to bottom, not including the buttons? I'm torn between that and the AirStep. I'd prefer the Blackstar but the specs say that it's 74mm, but not if that's with the buttons. The Airstep is 45mm and fits perfect with my makeshift board. I might be able to tweak it a bit to fit better, but not by much.

If you do ever see this, thanks in advanced!
I'm sure it is 74 mm incl buttons, wil do some measurements when I get get home from work.
I wil let you know

Hello Everyone!

Here is my rig:
Board.jpeg
The board was built by my father-in-law. Not sure what kind of wood it is, but i love the stain. He pre-drilled holes so there is no velcro keeping the FM3 & FC-6 attached, they are screwed into the board. The same is true for the expression pedals.

We used the MOD3 from rock board to route all the cables to 1 spot to make this board as plug and play as possible.Mod 3.JPEG
Back Cable routing:
Top Back Left.JPEG
Top Back Right.JPEG
And here is underneath:
Right Bottom.JPEG
Left Bottom.JPEG

Then here is the "kitchen sink" preset i use for my Telecaster:
1705004846802.png

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• TELECASTER PRESET - TREM.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Hello Everyone!

Here is my rig:
View attachment 133028
The board was built by my father-in-law. Not sure what kind of wood it is, but i love the stain. He pre-drilled holes so there is no velcro keeping the FM3 & FC-6 attached, they are screwed into the board. The same is true for the expression pedals.

We used the MOD3 from rock board to route all the cables to 1 spot to make this board as plug and play as possible.View attachment 133029
Back Cable routing:
View attachment 133030
View attachment 133031
And here is underneath:
View attachment 133032
View attachment 133033

View attachment 133035

That's some fine wood and polish there. High class!

Hello Everyone!

Here is my rig:
View attachment 133028

We used the MOD3 from rock board to route all the cables to 1 spot to make this board as plug and play as possible.View attachment 133029
Back Cable routing:
View attachment 133030
View attachment 133031
And here is underneath:
View attachment 133032
View attachment 133033

View attachment 133035

I absolutely adore great quality wood work. This whole thing is quite stunning!

Updated FM3 rig for '24. FM3, FC-6 and two Donner expression pedals on a Temple Duo34 board. Includes the Temple 2XMod quarter inch, XLR and IEC power modules. Simple and clean. Paired with a Fender FR-10 it's a great little rig. Just the got the FR-10 from Sweetwater and it's apparently one of the 'fixed' ones without the hissssssss. The thing is a little monster and loud as hell. Loving it so far.

FM3-5.jpg

FM3-4.jpg

FM3-2.jpg

FM3-3.jpg

FM3-1.jpg

Got a Temple Duo 24 for Christmas from my wife. Finally got everything I wanted to get it set up how I wanted. Hardest thing to find was the 3.5 x 16MM Machine screws. Fractal sure decided to go with odd size for screws. In the end I got them on Amazon but it took almost 2 weeks to get them.Fractal-Temple.jpg

IMG_2508.jpegI built this pedalboard the middle of November. I wish I had taken more pictures along the way of the build process but I was in a hurry. I think it turned out pretty fantastic for never having done anything like this before.

Attachments

• IMG_2498.jpeg
    IMG_2498.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2499.jpeg
    IMG_2499.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2500.jpeg
    IMG_2500.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2501.jpeg
    IMG_2501.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2509.jpeg
    IMG_2509.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2510.jpeg
    IMG_2510.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2511.jpeg
    IMG_2511.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2512.jpeg
    IMG_2512.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
View attachment 133506I built this pedalboard the middle of November. I wish I had taken more pictures along the way of the build process but I was in a hurry. I think it turned out pretty fantastic for never having done anything like this before.
There was still a couple connections left to make at the time of those photos and I also have since added a homemade switch pedal to the board that I made as well. Just figured I’d add a couple photos of the completed work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom