Let's see those FM3 rigs!

show how you press the A/B switch. It seems to me that the foot will press the buttons nearby during the pefromance

the ampero switch on the far right?

i pretty much only use the bottom switch which is easy to hit , the top one i have to hit at an angle if i want to use it, as it's sat between the temple board handle and the top right MC8 footswitch

i don't really use the top switch of the ampero switch, but i think i set it for some extreme fuzz sort of tone

i'll do a video of this rig in the next weeks, one i use for my band Drogher (metal)

board.JPG

i don't actually use the switch =) it's a leftover from when I used to have a wireless unit (sennheiser XSW-d pedalboard)

as you couldn't plug into the wireless unit in case something failed, i bought small A/B pedal to switch inputs, so i could connect a cable onto the A/B and then into the FM3

i'm basically using it like a connection box, so i plug my straight cable into the A/B and it goes from there into the FM3

i prefer plugging it in on there instead of through connections on the side of the temple board, as it saves space, and the cable is less prone to be kicked

I only use the FM3 switches/MC8 switches and the Ampero Switch on the bottom to change things

IMG_20231211_143425870.jpg

IMG_0200.jpeg

Right now, the controllers are sitting on a flipped over rack shelf and the FM3 is on a jangly old disassembled side-drawer until find a nicer one that can hold that and the PS5 more aesthetically.

I’d like to add a Poly-Tune so I can be “mobile” with the floored stuff and have the FM3 wherever, but I don’t know if there is a Faslink-like cable that can power both the Voes and the Poly-Tune.

One thing I want to add, and I might have made a mistake early on, is that I want a 4-6 button controller to switch between presets and use the Voes exclusively for scenes and a tap-tempo or kill switch. I don’t know how to add that and still have a small amount of cables. It’s might easier than I’m thinking but still. I’ve been out of the game for over 15 years and am trying to catch up.

The last piece would be the board itself but I have to figure out the rest first.

View attachment 132049

Right now, the controllers are sitting on a flipped over rack shelf and the FM3 is on a jangly old disassembled side-drawer until find a nicer one that can hold that and the PS5 more aesthetically.

I’d like to add a Poly-Tune so I can be “mobile” with the floored stuff and have the FM3 wherever, but I don’t know if there is a Faslink-like cable that can power both the Voes and the Poly-Tune.

One thing I want to add, and I might have made a mistake early on, is that I want a 4-6 button controller to switch between presets and use the Voes exclusively for scenes and a tap-tempo or kill switch. I don’t know how to add that and still have a small amount of cables. It’s might easier than I’m thinking but still. I’ve been out of the game for over 15 years and am trying to catch up.

The last piece would be the board itself but I have to figure out the rest first.
Whats up, D!! quick thought.. have you checked out Voes VF-Cable? its @ $40.. ethernet to MX and Faslink XLR to Fractal. could save some cable runs. Happy New Year!!

Whats up, D!! quick thought.. have you checked out Voes VF-Cable? its @ $40.. ethernet to MX and Faslink XLR to Fractal. could save some cable runs. Happy New Year!!
Sup, Tex… Nashville!! Lol

Seeing that cable is where I feel I might’ve made a mistake… The MX-9 doesn’t have the Ethernet. I wanted to get the MX12 originally but didn’t think I’d need that much. Love the controller but I should’ve thought ahead more haha. Happy New Year to you, C and the youngin!!

I need to clean my space up before I post pics, but I use a Deskhaus 4-motor electric desk and a laptop mount to hold the FM3. That way the controls are at arms length away at all times (my computer mouse + mousepad is a 1/4 inch below it), regardless of if I am sitting or standing. Then I have an FC-6 footswitch on the ground below it.

Deskhaus desk: https://desk.haus/products/apex-pro-2?variant=39436449087637
Laptop mount for FM3: Amazon product ASIN B00CM9NG1W+
KRK Rokit 5 G4, S.M.S.L. SH-6 headphone amp, and Rolls MX42 mixer.

I am a desktop rocker, but if I ever played live I would rig the FM3 off the floor as well. IMO we need to revive the vibe of this era of NIN on AATCB, all kinds of gear at body height being chaotically manipulated :cool::

(see 6:36 timestamp. Embed feature sucks, won't let me embed @ a specific timestamp)

Last edited:
View attachment 132049

I have a question ...
Do you use the Fractal exp pedal as a volume pedal? And if so, how did you set it up in the Voes editor?
I have an MX12 and I haven't succeeded yet. So I have an extra cable from the FM3 to my volume pedal.
And I want to get rid of that :)

thx
Luut

To use your MX-9 as 8 scenes and tap tempo.

On the FM3 hardware select
SETUP - MIDI/REMOTE

Tab General
Midi Channel: 1

Tab Other
Tempo Tap: 14
Scene Select: 34

Then on the MX-editor, use easy setup and select "MX-9", "FM3" and "Blank".

Select button 1 and change the command to "Scene/Snaphot" #1 and set the LED color to your preference.
Repeat and adjust for buttons 2-8 (you can drag and drop using CTRL + right mouse button to copy buttons)

1704213398540.png

For tempo use the command "AFX3/FM3 - Tempo".
1704213613188.png

Template with these settings are included in attachment.

Attachments

• 8 Scenes - Tap Tempo.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 1
I have a question ...
Do you use the Fractal exp pedal as a volume pedal? And if so, how did you set it up in the Voes editor?
I have an MX12 and I haven't succeeded yet. So I have an extra cable from the FM3 to my volume pedal.

thx
Luut

On the FM3 hardware select
SETUP - MIDI/REMOTE

Tab General
Midi Channel: 1

Tab External
External Control 1: CC#1

On the MX-editor in tab Exp. Input, set Expr1 to CC 1 and Ch 1 (which are the default settings)
1704214443467.png

Then on the FM3 editor right click on the volume parameter in the "Volume/Pan" block and change Source 1 to "External 1"

1704214576860.png

I have a question ...

thx
Luut

Apologies. Just seeing this now. Did this get answered above? If not, I can poke around and see what I did to make it work. I can't remember off the top of my head lol

Back
Top Bottom