Let's see those FM3 rigs!

My first idea was to have something like a remote pedalboard for the FM 3 so that the FM 3 could stay at the back of the stage and therefore needed the Peterson StroboStomp HD tuner. Now I have the FM 3 mounted on a Temple Audio Duo 24 and kept the StroboStomp HD. The FM 3s tuner is good but the StroboStomp HD is so accurate and the sweetener tunings really make a difference.
Ive had my FM3 tuner freeze a few times, so I use the strobostomp.

So If your Ventris is in the stereo loop, how are you pluggin into amps/cabs/etc? You cant just use an XLR out right?
Currently running direct to foh using the XLRs while using IEMs to monitor, so no need for and amp or cab. But, if the venue calls for an on stage monitoring solution I would likely just run it mono, or use an on board reverb in the FM3.

Hey I just picked up the flint (new) and think the 80s verb is hella noisy almost crunchy, hurts my ears... was this your experience? Did you do the internal jumper or change the secondary reverb volume level?

What pedalboard is this? Perfect size.

-My flint does not do that! maybe try a factory reset? I believe most strymon stuff can do a reset. Any issues i had with my strymons I've emailed them and got everything worked out... they are an amazing company. Used to have a board full of their stuff but then fractal came along

-Its a chopped down pedal train 3 which ends up being the same size as a pedal train classic 2... i think

How easy was programmed the Morningstar? I have these two but gave up quickly on program mming Morningstar.
I think this depends on what you are aiming for. With the desktop / web editor I find it quite easy to program in general.
The integration mode introduced by Morningstar is pretty easy to program and pretty useful. I hope they will extend the functionality even further in a way that the integration could be edited/customized as well.
I currently switch to separate banks of presets/effects/scenes via the three FM3 switches and then choose what I need on the MC8.

What board?

How are you using your MC8? How hard was it to set up? I have one but it didnt seem to gel too well (wasnt easy to program) with the FM3 as Id like so I gave up on it.
Morningstar is pretty easy to program and set up. There's even a Fm3 mode you can use. I set it up for patch changes and scenes. the FC6 would be nice, but it was just too big, i wanted it all on one board I could move easily. The board is a pedaltrain Novo 18

This is my FM3 rig. I either use this or my AXE III FC12 Matrix GT1000fx rig.

This FM3 rig is pretty slick and quiet as a mouse! Not a whisper of any unwanted noise. The Cioks killed any noise those outboard pedals gave me. It’s super quiet now. The FM3 was always quiet on its own for me. Adding pedals made it noisy. Not anymore.

The portability of having this FM3 and everything I need in this case is nice. I wind up the cables on top throw the lid on and walk in and out. Hard to not want to grab it over the axe rig. I’ve used this optional type of floor setup for years (AX8 before) as an alternative to taking the mothership rack out.

I have the center stand in switches setup like so: Top switch is press for “home” perfomance layout [hold for presets]. Bottom switch is tap tempo / tuner. Foot dial is lead scene Volume level Delta. I use a GEQ with a mid bump. The delta dial adjust GEQ lead level 2db - 6db (easily set-n-forget for room or band I’m with)

3 scenes always visible on left Clean, Boosted, and Lead. FC6 has 4 perfomance pages. Favorites on first page. Press and holding any effect takes you to a dedicated layout showing channel smart bypass for said effect.

My presets are all the same signal chain and effect layouts but are Amp specific. I choose the amp for the situation like that.

I love this setup! Sounds excellent and is very flexible. Just trying a PS170 here getting ready for next rehearsal. Have the Bam, and Freyette PS too. Favorite poweramp by far though is into the return of my Runt 20 Head. It just sounds good with all Fractal preamps IMO. I have to admit though the PS170 with variac down and sag up a little makes it nice and spongy to me! Options….

2B95A7F0-0CFD-4CA2-995C-25B793BF57C0.jpeg

167F8649-7604-43F6-AFAA-C59492CD6FF0.jpeg

74C7FAAA-3D2C-4B65-9B20-4264E6C66598.jpeg

This is my FM3 rig. I either use this or my AXE III FC12 Matrix GT1000fx rig.

This FM3 rig is pretty slick and quiet as a mouse! Not a whisper of any unwanted noise. The Cioks killed any noise those outboard pedals gave me. It’s super quiet now. The FM3 was always quiet on its own for me. Adding pedals made it noisy. Not anymore.

The portability of having this FM3 and everything I need in this case is nice. I wind up the cables on top throw the lid on and walk in and out. Hard to not want to grab it over the axe rig. I’ve used this optional type of floor setup for years (AX8 before) as an alternative to taking the mothership rack out.

I have the center stand in switches setup like so: Top switch is press for “home” perfomance layout [hold for presets]. Bottom switch is tap tempo / tuner. Foot dial is lead scene Volume level Delta. I use a GEQ with a mid bump. The delta dial adjust GEQ lead level 2db - 6db (easily set-n-forget for room or band I’m with)

3 scenes always visible on left Clean, Boosted, and Lead. FC6 has 4 perfomance pages. Favorites on first page. Press and holding any effect takes you to a dedicated layout showing channel smart bypass for said effect.

My presets are all the same signal chain and effect layouts but are Amp specific. I choose the amp for the situation like that.

I love this setup! Sounds excellent and is very flexible. Just trying a PS170 here getting ready for next rehearsal. Have the Bam, and Freyette PS too. Favorite poweramp by far though is into the return of my Runt 20 Head. It just sounds good with all Fractal preamps IMO. I have to admit though the PS170 with variac down and sag up a little makes it nice and spongy to me! Options….

View attachment 100946

View attachment 100947

View attachment 100948
I like it.

I use a Temple Audio board with my pedals to the side in a similar configuration. I’d recommend using some zip ties to attach the two patch cords together where they intersect/cross, and maybe next to where they connect to the FC6. That makes their cables act more like one cable and helps hold the pedals in their same spacing. They can still swing around but at least they can’t crawl across the floor as easily.

If you want to make the pedals act as if they’re on a “flexible” board, use some Velcro hooks on the bottom of the pedal controllers, and some Velcro loop material as a strip between them. It’d hold them together so they can’t stray too far apart, but can still be packed side by side after a gig in their carrying bag or whatever. I haven’t done that but will now. :)

It’s amazing how much sound comes out of that little rig!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom