Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I finally got last pieces and TA plates to get my live rig together. I made aluminium spacers between pedal plate and FM-3 bottom. Now I only need case but not interested in buying it just yet cos we have no booked gigs 😀

Attachments

• 1E5039B0-B202-4E28-ABF5-BCB7F94038FC.jpeg
    1E5039B0-B202-4E28-ABF5-BCB7F94038FC.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 146
  • 042C7854-5992-40E5-89E4-A741CDAD0A74.jpeg
    042C7854-5992-40E5-89E4-A741CDAD0A74.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 143
  • F1B8F001-BD06-4EB9-8A28-78AA5D69E3A0.jpeg
    F1B8F001-BD06-4EB9-8A28-78AA5D69E3A0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
OK. After some revisions and refinements here's where I am now. I wanted to stick with something that breaks down to fit in the small soft case I have for this. I just need to find a small carpet scrap to roll up and put in the case as well. With the zip-tied wiring harness it should be quick to set up.

IMG_8841.jpg

I decided to go with a midi expression pedal so I could have four external switches. It is a refugee from my Source Audio heavy board that was dismantled not long after I got the FM3. I really do like their stuff but the FM3... Well you know. The expression pedal is powered from the FAS-Link output using an adapter cable I built. I crammed an LM317 voltage regulator circuit into the XLR connecter. No small task let me tell you.

IMG_8842.jpg

The switch housing was an old Vox amp switcher that I had modified to use with my old VHT Pittbull 45. I found it in the garage the other day and decided to add a fourth switch and try it for this setup. In an effort to idiot proof things (who's the idiot?) I am going to try some velcro labels so I can remember what does what but still change things around if I need to. It looks like this now:

IMG_8844.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know whether a FM3 will fit in a Gator Gigbox Jr case with the llid closed?

This is the Gator pedalboard and hard case with the triple guitar stand in the lid, and I need 3 LP's for the show, two LP's for tunings, and one LP Jr for slide, so it's a natural if it'll fit?

Just looking to downsize everything while figuring out a new to me FM3 pedalboard strategy that's replacing my tube preamp/Axe FX II 4U rolling rack etc.

Great thread, lots of great PB's!

Anyone know whether a FM3 will fit in a Gator Gigbox Jr case with the llid closed?

This is the Gator pedalboard and hard case with the triple guitar stand in the lid, and I need 3 LP's for the show, two LP's for tunings, and one LP Jr for slide, so it's a natural if it'll fit?

Just looking to downsize everything while figuring out a new to me FM3 pedalboard strategy that's replacing my tube preamp/Axe FX II 4U rolling rack etc.

Great thread, lots of great PB's!
Disregard, too tall, won't fit!

Trying out a new setup. Works pretty well. You can’t see the stand in switch, but it lays out in front. The idea is to have something very light with no assembly required. Can slide it in my backpack or a briefcase as is. I have a couple other variations I’ll try out but thought I’d share this idea for someone looking for something like this.

6E3A9C9B-B5A9-46A6-AC7C-C691B81C1CFE.jpegE9ACC0E3-C321-4190-B418-CE224E3E5B85.jpegDCF159A3-4E7D-431E-8F36-D5AB8D357D89.jpeg

Last edited:
Trying out a new setup. Works pretty well. You can’t see the stand in switch, but it lays out in front. The idea is to have something very light with no assembly required. Can slide it in my backpack or a briefcase as is. I have a couple other variations I’ll try out but thought I’d share this idea for someone looking for something like this.

View attachment 86421View attachment 86422View attachment 86423

That's awesome! I can see how this would work for an FM3 / FC 12 / 2x EV-1. Only I'd patch one EV-1 via FC12 and the 2nd via FM3. 4 pieces of aluminum bar. I see you drilled twice for the zip tie connections. Did you swap out any screws (size/measurements, plz) for the base connections, or use stock?

That's awesome! I can see how this would work for an FM3 / FC 12 / 2x EV-1. Only I'd patch one EV-1 via FC12 and the 2nd via FM3. 4 pieces of aluminum bar. I see you drilled twice for the zip tie connections. Did you swap out any screws (size/measurements, plz) for the base connections, or use stock?
Thanks! I didn’t need to swap any screws. Just used the original.

Here’s my rig. Rockboard Quad 4.1 and Rockboard Quad 4.2 case. Everything is screwed to the board, except for the power supply underneath.

P.S. I know there is a tuner in the FM3, but somehow I like the Peterson more.
Does the rig not fit in the 4.1 case? I'm thinking about the BS or flightcase and a rig similar to yours because it's just...well it's just perfect

Does the rig not fit in the 4.1 case? I'm thinking about the BS or flightcase and a rig similar to yours because it's just...well it's just perfect
Hi, it does fit into the 4.1 case, but I wanted some more space for cables and stuff next to it, so that is why I choose the 4.2 case.

Back
Top Bottom