Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Question: are you able to control the amp switching of the JP-2C as well via the FM3? I was under the impression that this could only be achieved by an external midi controller?
You can use Control Switch Midi or the Scene Midi block to send midi out.

How are you able to change amp channels on your real Amp with no setup?

Edit:

Nevermind, I think @e m b i o n is confused and thinks you're switching your real JP2C, but I think you're talking about switching amp models.

The JP2C is full MIDI implemented. When I change a preset on the FM3, it changes the JP2C as well, just like any other MIDI controller would.

I generally don't use the FM3 in 4 cable method though, I have other effects units I usually run with the JP2C, but I do use it in 4CM occasionally and it sounds great and works flawlessly.

MIDI send works fine. I only send preset changes, not CCs from the FM3.
It just occurred to me that it might be using PCs and I just confirmed that in the manual ;)

So now it makes sense.

You change preset on FM3 and the same preset change goes to the amp.

:D

Here's my super simple rig. At least for the moment haha

Very nice setup!!!

Can you kindly let me know where you got the FC-6 magnetic screen guards from? Are they GearbyCeba? I have his screen protector on my Axe III but was looking for this for my FC-6 and did not want the stick on version. These are not listed on his site at this point.

YUP...just checked. Chad emailed me and you have to order the FM3 and then email him to change it to FC6. I have the one for my AxeIII already as well.

Much thanks for responding! :)
You know what, my bad! I didn't see you were asking about the fc6. Glad you got it figured out!

Got my pedalboard all set up this weekend (clearly inspired by a number of people on this forum!). FM3, Boss EV-30, and Mosky dual footswitch secured with zip ties to a Temple Audio Duo 17 Templeboard. I use the dual footswitch to switch presents in between songs and to access the tuner, so I put it up top as I don't need it to be very accessible. I cut up an iPad screen protector to fit the main screen and the three footswitch screens. It all fits nicely in the Templeboard's soft case. Very happy with this nice and compact setup!

IMAG0017_1.jpg

Got my pedalboard all set up this weekend (clearly inspired by a number of people on this forum!). FM3, Boss EV-30, and Mosky dual footswitch secured with zip ties to a Temple Audio Duo 17 Templeboard. I use the dual footswitch to switch presents in between songs and to access the tuner, so I put it up top as I don't need it to be very accessible. I cut up an iPad screen protector to fit the main screen and the three footswitch screens. It all fits nicely in the Templeboard's soft case. Very happy with this nice and compact setup!

View attachment 74116
That looks great! Everybody seems to be going to this setup now with a two button switch and an expression pedal. Any concerns about hitting the exp pedal when you are meaning to hit the two button switch?

Very nice setup!!!

Can you kindly let me know where you got the FC-6 magnetic screen guards from? Are they GearbyCeba? I have his screen protector on my Axe III but was looking for this for my FC-6 and did not want the stick on version. These are not listed on his site at this point.
Sorry for the late reply and thanks! Yeah you already found the answer so cool! Just mention FC-6 V2 protector and you'll be all set 👍

Sorry for the late reply and thanks! Yeah you already found the answer so cool! Just mention FC-6 V2 protector and you'll be all set 👍

I was hoping Chad would do a V2 version with no sticky tap. Does he do one for the FC12 as well? Already have one for my FM3.

That looks great! Everybody seems to be going to this setup now with a two button switch and an expression pedal. Any concerns about hitting the exp pedal when you are meaning to hit the two button switch?
I actually hit the expression pedal quite often when going for the two-button switch haha, but it's not really an issue for me. I only use the two-button switch in between songs, and when I do hit the expression pedal while tapping the foot switches it pushes it into the toe-down position, which is the default position I leave it in anyways.

I was hoping Chad would do a V2 version with no sticky tap. Does he do one for the FC12 as well? Already have one for my FM3.
Hmm I'm not sure about the FC12 but I don't see why he can't make one? Sticky tap? I don't really know what that is but just like the protector on your FM3, it uses magnets.

Back
Top Bottom