Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I decided to put the FM 3 in the middle of my board.
All needed cables have been measured and I will receive them tomorrow to finalize the board.
The last missing piece is the volume switch pedal that I will receive on my birthday ;)
That pedal decreases the overall input gain and can dial back some treble and the second function is that you can use it
as an A/B box with compensation of different output of pickups.
The stomptrap for it is already installed on the left side of the EV-2.
Final photo of the completed board will follow in a few weeks :cool:

Attachments

• DSC_2135.JPG
    DSC_2135.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 253
  • volume-switch.jpg
    volume-switch.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
You have two 2-Button switches aaand an exp pedal hooked up? i thought this is impossible ...
In the actual configuration I use the EV-2 as a passive volume pedal only :)

I am not using many effects except for some reverb so I decided to use the two button-switches as sound and gain switches as it gives me maximum flexibility to finetune the sounds for every situation.
If I ever need the EV-2 as an expression pedal I will reconfigurate and reconnect it with the FM 3 so that one two button-switch will have no function.

In the actual configuration I use the EV-2 as a passive volume pedal only :)

I am not using many effects except for some reverb so I decided to use the two button-switches as sound and gain switches as it gives me maximum flexibility to finetune the sounds for every situation.
If I ever need the EV-2 as an expression pedal I will reconfigurate and reconnect it with the FM 3 so that one two button-switch will have no function.
How did you fasten the FM3 to the Temple Audio board? I've seen it done with 3M lock and cable tie mounts, wondering about yours

Hi guys,

I've finally finished my FM3 board. After getting a Friedman ASC-10 FRFR cab I sold my SD PowerStage and bought a smaller board. All mounted on a Temple Audio Duo 17 with M3.5 X 16MM screws and 4mm washers. I use this with my FC12 board and will be setting up an FC6 board as well for smaller gigs where stage space is an issue. When we are allowed back to do that of course!

The 2 button Mosky switch is just for preset up and down if something goes wrong with my FC or I need to get to it quickly. The RJM tone saver is used to split my signal so I can use an external tuner. I do the same when using my AXE III but I use OUT 3 instead of the RJM.

The 2 bar mains strip is used to power the FM3 and also I have a snake that I use to connect my FC12 board up that has a UK mains plug on which is powering the my external tuner and my glow risers on my FC12 board. Underneath the FM3 board is a Furman AC-215A power conditioner which is powering the 2 bar mains strip and also a Strymon Ojai. The Ojai is powering the Tone saver and also 4 LED strips underneath.

Also added some connectors on the side of the board so it's easier to connect up when setting up or tearing down.

Powercon - Out to the mains supply
USB
XLR Male - Out 1
XLR Female - FC12
XLR Male - FRFR
1/4" Out - External Tuner
1/4" Out - Guitar In

I had to drill a couple of holes slight bigger to make the connectors fit through the board and then just added some rubber grommets to cover the holes. And of course last but not least added Chad's protective screens.

I think that's it, Happy with the way this one turned out sounds awesome! no noise issues at all.

Enjoy!

Paul

IMG_0569.jpegIMG_0570.jpegIMG_0571.jpegIMG_0572.jpegIMG_0573.jpegIMG_0575.jpeg

How did you fasten the FM3 to the Temple Audio board? I've seen it done with 3M lock and cable tie mounts, wondering about yours
I used M 3.5. 16mm screws as recommended from some users here and they fit perfectly. As the original screw on the input jack side is a little bit shorter, I used three washers to be sure that the screw will not hit the mainboard.
For the other three screws I used one washer to make sure that the screws will fit.

Attachments

• DSC_2130.JPG
    DSC_2130.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 104
Hi guys,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conglatulation on your newly provided gears...They say Friedman ASC-10 FRFR cab
sounds awesome and not boomy low end compared to its big brother, I agree too.

How do you quickly access to scenes 7 or 8 in this setup? In case back and forth
from scene 1 to scene 8,for example?....Let me hear how you do that scene changes.

This week I finished my new FM3 fly rig. The rig I've toured the past 3 years was an AX8 on a Pedaltrain PT2. Moving to the FM3, I had a few requirements that I wanted to satisfy:

• Minimum of 6 switches + 2 expression pedals
  • As little setup time as possible (we frequently play festivals with quick changeovers)
  • Fit in a Pelican Air 1615 case
  • Weigh under 50 lbs, case included

This is the solution I came up with. I built the rack box and floor board out of leftover hardwood flooring that's pretty light and sturdy. The cabling and patch bay are from BTPA.com. I like using patch bays because they provide some protection for the jacks on the unit (I once had a stagehand trip over a cable and mangle an XLR jack - I'd rather have this happen to the patch bay than the FM3).

My plan is for the FM3/Wireless rack to live upstage under a riser or something, away from sunlight/fans/beer/etc. Essentially I only have to run 2 cables to get set up - one power cable to the rack and an XLR out to the floor board. I think it'll be the quickest setup I've ever had. Now if we can just get the music touring industry back up and running... :sweatsmile::sob:

View attachment 69780

View attachment 69781
Complete with Cable Condo™ pedal riser. :grinning:

View attachment 69782
Plz don't judge my box joints. I am a v novice carpenter. :smilecat:

View attachment 69783
I still need to re-foam this for optimal fit, but you get the picture.

View attachment 69784
Finally, this arrangement allows me to easily detach the unit to swap it to my amp rig to be used as an effects unit. I freakin love this thing.
Nice work man! Can I ask where you got the right angle power cord from for the FM3? I just looked on btpa but dont see one. I'm thinking of making my own board and like this power cord and it's slim footprint.

It's all controlled via the FC12, I have 8 switches programmed for scenes 1-8. I'm not using the FM3 to switch any scenes when playing live. There is a layout I've created for the FM3's switches but they are just a couple of my main scenes and access to my main preset if something ever goes wrong with the FC.

You have two 2-Button switches aaand an exp pedal hooked up? i thought this is impossible ...
I have the same thing. I use a Disaster Area MIDI baby to connect my expression pedal to MIDI in port to control volume and wah.

I'm noticing a few of you guys still have an outboard tuner. Are you finding the FM3's tuner not working for you? As someone still on the waitlist, I was just wondering........

Back
Top Bottom