Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Hi guys,

Here's my FM3 board I use with my FC12. All mounted with Sukh's (Zenrigs) Uni Riser. My FM3 board sits behind me and I run a snake out to my FC12 board. The FM3 and the SD PT170 are both being powered by a small Furman power conditioner which is underneath my Temple Audio Duo 24 along with a couple of sets of led's.

I needed the 4 bar on top of the board so I could plug in my snake, that then get's plugged into my FC12 board which power's a Strymon Ojai and that power's my FC12's LED's and tuner. There's also an RJM tone saver underneath which I use to split the signal so I can run my external tuner. It's nice to be able to pull my vol pedal back and then tune silently on the fly. I still use the FM3's tuner as well. This is much the same when I run my Axe III rig except I use another output for the tuner.

Using a Matrix FR12P cab with the SD PT170, will probably upgrade to the 200 at some point and possibly swap out the Mosky foot switch for a Boss FS7. The mosky foot switch is only used to go up and down and select presets just in case I need to access something quickly and the FC12 goes down or there's a problem touch wood lol.

I've added some connections on the side of the board as well, power con which powers the Furman, USB, XLR for out 1 which goes to FOH, Another XLR to connect the FC12, tuner out and then guitar out.

I know I haven't taken the film off the screens yet. I promise I will lol. Just bought Chad's screen protector so I'll add that when it turns up in a few weeks time.

Enjoy!

PaulIMG_0477.jpegIMG_0478.jpegIMG_0480.jpeg

Last edited:
was wandering how you have the dual switch n mission n wireless - routed? " in and outs" ?,,paths?
Mission is connected to Pedal 1, Mosky Dual Switch is connected to Pedal 2 and the wireless is connected to the Instrument In.

Last edited:
Finally got everything dialed up on the Temple Audio Duo 34 (Also got the flight case) and working, I love the FM3 tuner but like having a constantly visible tuner so I'm using a Shnobel Tone modded Ernie Ball VP Jr with a Polytune installed. Thanks for fellow SLC local @Chris Lang for the tips on correct mounting screws for the FM3 & FC6!

vnFQX3e.jpg

This week I finished my new FM3 fly rig. The rig I've toured the past 3 years was an AX8 on a Pedaltrain PT2. Moving to the FM3, I had a few requirements that I wanted to satisfy:

• Minimum of 6 switches + 2 expression pedals
  • As little setup time as possible (we frequently play festivals with quick changeovers)
  • Fit in a Pelican Air 1615 case
  • Weigh under 50 lbs, case included

This is the solution I came up with. I built the rack box and floor board out of leftover hardwood flooring that's pretty light and sturdy. The cabling and patch bay are from BTPA.com. I like using patch bays because they provide some protection for the jacks on the unit (I once had a stagehand trip over a cable and mangle an XLR jack - I'd rather have this happen to the patch bay than the FM3).

My plan is for the FM3/Wireless rack to live upstage under a riser or something, away from sunlight/fans/beer/etc. Essentially I only have to run 2 cables to get set up - one power cable to the rack and an XLR out to the floor board. I think it'll be the quickest setup I've ever had. Now if we can just get the music touring industry back up and running... :sweatsmile::sob:

FM3Rig-2.jpg

FM3Rig-4.jpg
Complete with Cable Condo™ pedal riser. :grinning:

FM3Rig-5.jpg
Plz don't judge my box joints. I am a v novice carpenter. :smilecat:

FM3Rig-6.jpg
I still need to re-foam this for optimal fit, but you get the picture.

FM3Rig.jpg
Finally, this arrangement allows me to easily detach the unit to swap it to my amp rig to be used as an effects unit. I freakin love this thing.

I have decided to go with the Temple Audio Duo 17 pedalboard. Does anyone know if the Duo 17 pedalboard, with the FM3 and a Fractal EV2 controller, will fit in the Temple Audio Duo 17 Flight Case?

This week I finished my new FM3 fly rig. The rig I've toured the past 3 years was an AX8 on a Pedaltrain PT2. Moving to the FM3, I had a few requirements that I wanted to satisfy:

• Minimum of 6 switches + 2 expression pedals
  • As little setup time as possible (we frequently play festivals with quick changeovers)
  • Fit in a Pelican Air 1615 case
  • Weigh under 50 lbs, case included

This is the solution I came up with. I built the rack box and floor board out of leftover hardwood flooring that's pretty light and sturdy. The cabling and patch bay are from BTPA.com. I like using patch bays because they provide some protection for the jacks on the unit (I once had a stagehand trip over a cable and mangle an XLR jack - I'd rather have this happen to the patch bay than the FM3).

My plan is for the FM3/Wireless rack to live upstage under a riser or something, away from sunlight/fans/beer/etc. Essentially I only have to run 2 cables to get set up - one power cable to the rack and an XLR out to the floor board. I think it'll be the quickest setup I've ever had. Now if we can just get the music touring industry back up and running... :sweatsmile::sob:

View attachment 69780

View attachment 69781
Complete with Cable Condo™ pedal riser. :grinning:

View attachment 69782
Plz don't judge my box joints. I am a v novice carpenter. :smilecat:

View attachment 69783
I still need to re-foam this for optimal fit, but you get the picture.

View attachment 69784
Finally, this arrangement allows me to easily detach the unit to swap it to my amp rig to be used as an effects unit. I freakin love this thing.

Did you cut holes in the wood and metal board for the vents ? I noticed your end caps are off...so the unit it sitting flush to surface, not good if no holes.

Did you cut holes in the wood and metal board for the vents ? I noticed your end caps are off...so the unit it sitting flush to surface, not good if no holes.

Hmmmmmm. Excellent call! I forgot about the vents on the bottom, only remembered the ones on the sides. Guess I'll go play with my jigsaw.

The metal board is a Pedaltrain so it should be fine.

If you cut an air vent in the wooden cabinet for the FM3, won’t the top of the Shure unit block the air flow? Why not use some rubber pads/feet under the FM3 to raise it enough to allow the fan to vent just like it does with the sides attached? Of course that assumes the feet will work with however you have the FM3 mouthed to the wood cabinet.

New case for my Fractal board. It’s 12x20 inches and fits perfectly in the Gator roller case made for Helix.

Attachments

• 5F6F8798-6ADE-46D1-B925-E19687E8CFDC.jpeg
    5F6F8798-6ADE-46D1-B925-E19687E8CFDC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 235
  • 661D871D-44D1-46C9-968E-D6D3051BCE33.jpeg
    661D871D-44D1-46C9-968E-D6D3051BCE33.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 221
  • 13D3714D-D6E3-4E59-B9C9-E916E0FF6716.jpeg
    13D3714D-D6E3-4E59-B9C9-E916E0FF6716.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 201
Got my DIY boards done.
I have now FM7/9
3 FM3 switches, 4 switch for Scene 5/6/7/8 connected to pedal 1&2, Expression pedal via mid (toe switch used to activate tuner).
I have even 3 more switch that I can connect to the midi pedal but I don't need them. I can also add a mid baby 3 to the Midi in of the pedal as it is midi trough. So many options thanks to the FM3 flexibility on midi, Stand in switch and layouts (including direct link to show the correct view when stand in switch is pressed).

Very compact (going into mono case club), very light, and with more switches than I need...

IMG_3151.jpegIMG_3145.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom