Let's see those FM3 rigs!

For the Temople Audio and LEDS peeps.
When you attaches the strip.....are you applying its with the LEDS facing horizontally, firing across, or firing vertically down at the floor ?
Where are you attaching them ?
thanks

For the Temople Audio and LEDS peeps.
When you attaches the strip.....are you applying its with the LEDS facing horizontally, firing across, or firing vertically down at the floor ?
Where are you attaching them ?
thanks

I put mine horizontally at the front of the board inside the lip facing towards the back. I've put a strip of velcro on mine so If I want to re position them I can.

DFDB5A08-FD1F-48D8-8A6C-FB1FD770900D.jpeg
Mine is still under work
not sure yet what midi device I will use
my modified Vox 847 is not a wha anymore but a midi expression pedal that can accept 3 more switches via the side jacks in addition to the toe switch and the 2 little front switches that I use to increment or decrement presets (They seem fragile but they are not)
So 6 switches on the vow pedal itself could be used
It is also midi trough so the midi baby 3 is connected into the vox and Daisy chained to the FM3 midi input
Too many switches option while I find that the 3 switches from the FM3 (OMG3) are so well done that it might be enough with the midi vox
I am planning to go to the mono case club and a flat board

I know I’m way ahead of myself, and still have a way to go on the waitlist. I’ve used my downtime to build my rig, and when the day comes, I will hit the ground running! Really looking forward to the FM3!
Out 1 to IEM monitor split/FOH
Out 2 copy Out 1 stereo to Mission Gemini 2
Mounting the FM3/FC6: I found the Temple mounting plates + a .22” sheet of plexi + a layer of Dual Lock is just the right height to mount to the chassis between the end caps.
This way I can move them around on a temple board, and when I need to do a fly date, I can just pop the FM3 off via the dual lock.
The mic stand mounted to the board saves footprint on stage for smaller venues.
Custom built snake is 32’ long for larger stages.
7365C567-2144-474C-AC90-512D72784DD2.jpeg4B07711D-8AAD-4483-A669-CC8B7A5E7523.jpeg6D11A1DA-1BCB-48C8-911A-BDE309722AE3.jpeg323A2C35-1576-44E2-9E18-1D2C8859C3BF.jpeg

I know I’m way ahead of myself, and still have a way to go on the waitlist. I’ve used my downtime to build my rig, and when the day comes, I will hit the ground running! Really looking forward to the FM3!
Out 1 to IEM monitor split/FOH
Out 2 copy Out 1 stereo to Mission Gemini 2
Mounting the FM3/FC6: I found the Temple mounting plates + a .22” sheet of plexi + a layer of Dual Lock is just the right height to mount to the chassis between the end caps.
This way I can move them around on a temple board, and when I need to do a fly date, I can just pop the FM3 off via the dual lock.
The mic stand mounted to the board saves footprint on stage for smaller venues.
Custom built snake is 32’ long for larger stages.
View attachment 69260View attachment 69261View attachment 69262View attachment 69263

That is bad ass! How stable is the mic stand in the pedal board? Anyway, looks great.

That is bad ass! How stable is the mic stand in the pedal board? Anyway, looks great.
It’s pretty stable. It definitely flexes a little bit more than a normal tripod mic stand would, but it’s pretty simple to get used to.

Just curious, are you a lefty? I see most put the FC on the right side. I was toying with different setups and while I like the FC on the right, the input on the FM3 makes me want that on the right instead so my guitar cable doesn’t want to ride over the middle of the board.
Nice! I especially love the guitar on the floor-Cool!

Can you show a close up of the bottom of the FC6. I am not quite following the way you describe mounting with the mounting template, plexi and dual lock. Thanks. Nice looking rig!!

Can you show a close up of the bottom of the FC6. I am not quite following the way you describe mounting with the mounting template, plexi and dual lock. Thanks. Nice looking rig!!
Sure. I cut the plexiglass into 8” x 9” sections. (I notched out a section of the plexi for the FM3 where the exhaust fan will be). I attached the plexi to the bottom of the FC6 between the end caps with 3M Dual Lock. Then attached the Temple mounting plates to the bottom of the plexi. Everything mounts very securely, and when I need to do a fly date, I can pull the FM3 off of the plexiglass via the dual lock and throw it in my carry-on bag.
17C99F22-4D16-4CF3-8EDA-481051568FD2.jpegF99DADA4-77D8-4255-8B2D-BCF1EEDB2C21.jpeg

More info on my rig:

Board: Temple Audio Duo 24

On top:
1. Line 6 relay G70 wireless reciever
2. Dunlop Volume X (for expression switch)
3. Darkglass Hyperluminal Compressor (amazing compressor by the way...)I am primarily a bassist, and this is normally used for bass. But it can be plugged in to computer and changed to guitar mode or bass mode. It is a hybrid anolog/digital compressor. Very cool gear.
4. Zoom momementay footswitch. For quick mute/tune. Nothing special, just one I already had laying around.

Underneath:
1. Furman AC215 power conditioner
2. Generic LED strip off Amazon. USB powered.
3. USB power hub. It powers my wireless, compressor, led lights, and provides 5v USB power to my side panel. Note: I use a USB 5v to normal barrel type 9v converter cable to get the proper voltage to the compressor pedal. (Works great, and no noise)

Side panel:
1. Temple Audio power module. It feeds AC power to the Furman. Allows me to plug one IEC power cable on side and turn everything on with one switch.
2. USB port. Provides 5v power only. For charging my iPad. I usually set it next to my board with setlist and notes.
3. One xlr port. I have this routed to my Left (Main) output on the FM3. That way my FM3 XLR port doesn’t get the wear and tear of XLR going in and out after everytime I move it. I only do a mono feed normally. 99% of time I just run mono to FOH.

All cables were assembled/soldered by me. I bought supplies at Redco.com.

Also, here is a shot from the underside.
View attachment 65730
I really like how you set up all of this......thank you for the detailed explanation.

Back
Top Bottom