Let’s talk Humbusters.

I’ve noticed that when we use our electric oven or stove, I get a shit ton of noise. Especially noticeable on higher gain sounds. Would a Humbuster cable help on something like this? I’m using a Steinberger GM4-T with active EMGs, direct into the AxeFX 3 mk2. I’m using digital outs into my audio interface. I also go in and out of a Blackstar HT-5 Dual tube distortion from time to time. “Hum” isn’t really an issue as much as noisy garbage is, but I’m wondering if the cables might also help this.

Thanks.

In my case it's even worse: every circuit in the house gets noisy when the neighbor uses the large power tools in his woodshop. My Fender Deluxe reissue is the worst, and it's not even high gain.

In the last few years I've spent way more than I care to admit finding noiseless singles that I can live with for my Fenders. I just couldn't find any other way to deal with the noise.

But when my dishwasher is running, it even defeats humbuckers.

Thanks everyone. Damn. Not sure where I can move, though I am directly above the kitchen. Not sure I’m on the same electrical circuit. I feel like I need to construct a Faraday Cage in my studio. :lol:

@unix-guy I was looking at the Ecoflow Delta portable power station just this weekend. I was thinking how neat it would be to be able to play my FM9 rig literally anywhere, but I could see using it as a clean source of power as well. Thankfully, the power in my house is not a significant contributor to noise.

In my case it's even worse: every circuit in the house gets noisy when the neighbor uses the large power tools in his woodshop. My Fender Deluxe reissue is the worst, and it's not even high gain.
Our house is from the late 30s, with wiring done to code from back then, and many "adjustments" and "enhancements" since. The outlets are a mix of grounded and ungrounded, with annoying EMI coming from something in the basement, so my computer and modelers run from one Furman power strip to try to reduce the noise. I've thought about turning the room into a big Faraday cage, but I suspect that "she who likes how the house looks" would not be thrilled. :)

Back
Top Bottom