Let’s see your les pauls

It's the only one up there now.

I'd never heard of "CC1" before this thread, but what do I know.
Yeah I've seen a couple sell the last year or so. I think the last aged one was up for 25k at Vintage & Rare. Whether it sold for that amount I don't know.

I never thought of that! I can ask them I suppose. Thanks for the suggestion appreciate it!
Expect 20%-30% take depending on store. Compare that number with private sale.

Mylespaul and lespaulforum may have folks interested. Reach out to some US dealers too (marks guitar loft, carter vintage, house of guitar rochester)

Expect 20%-30% take depending on store. Compare that number with private sale.

Mylespaul and lespaulforum may have folks interested. Reach out to some US dealers too (marks guitar loft, carter vintage, house of guitar rochester)
Also worth asking on the fourms too thank you! Actually the guy who got my ML Greeny for me might know someone in the UK that's after one. I can only ask.

You have an incredible selection of Les Paul's to choose from there! For looks, I rather like the look of the one center back row. Do you have a favorite one for sound and playability? I have owned dozens of LP's over the years and find that they all have their own personality, some better than others. But they do always look superb.
The one you like is the Greeny standard. My favorite is the Red Custom. My best playing one comfort wise is the Pelham blue modern. I love the neck on it! Thanks for the kind words!

this is not my guitar.

It's the guitar of my friend and singer/guitarist in our band. We play together since we were 16teen - 40 years ago. And here's the story to this wonderful guitar. We are Swiss, and Gerry was on his honeymoon trip in California. These are his words:

"Here are a few pictures of the vintage machine. It's very cool that it's a guitar from the first production slot, April 1954 (just like the Opel Olympia Rekord :) ) ((edt. that's his beloved vintage car)). I bought it in 1994 in Florence, a small town outside Austin TX, in an old pawnbroker's house, from an old lady. It was pure coincidence that I saw the case in a corner, surrounded by old furniture and floor lamps, and opened it. She said that this guitar had been "in storage" for a very long time, was certainly old and therefore unfortunately very expensive. She must have USD 420.00 for it. When I handed her the money, she only took USD 400.00 - that was fine. Guitar sales cracks estimate the value at CHF 20-25,000.00 - if they are in good condition, visually beautiful and "first series". Similar vintages (from 1955 onwards) are listed on reverb.com at around EUR 16,000.00 +."

Gerry still plays this guitar in our practice room on a weekly basis and at gigs through his Axe8 for effects into an 1965 Ampeg Guitar Amp (Mik Taylor Stile).

LPJ 3.jpgLPJ 2.jpgLPJ 1.jpg

Last edited:
this is not my guitar.

It's the guitar of my friend and singer/guitarist in our band. We play together since we were 16teen - 40 years ago. And here's the story to this wonderful guitar. We are Swiss, and Gerry was on his honeymoon trip in California. These are his words:

"Here are a few pictures of the vintage machine. It's very cool that it's a guitar from the first production slot, April 1954 (just like the Opel Olympia Rekord :) ) ((edt. that's his beloved vintage car)). I bought it in 1994 in Florence, a small town outside Austin TX, in an old pawnbroker's house, from an old lady. It was pure coincidence that I saw the case in a corner, surrounded by old furniture and floor lamps, and opened it. She said that this guitar had been "in storage" for a very long time, was certainly old and therefore unfortunately very expensive. She must have USD 420.00 for it. When I handed her the money, she only took USD 400.00 - that was fine. Guitar sales cracks estimate the value at CHF 20-25,000.00 - if they are in good condition, visually beautiful and "first series". Similar vintages (from 1955 onwards) are listed on reverb.com at around EUR 16,000.00 +."

Gerry still plays this guitar in our practice room on a weekly basis and at gigs through his Axe8 for effects into an 1965 Ampeg Guitar Amp (Mik Taylor Stile).

View attachment 129541View attachment 129542View attachment 129543
Cool story!

I too have a friend with one of these old Gibsons- his is a '58 LP Special DC, that he also gigs regularly.
His was modified by Paul Reed Smith as one of his early projects, making it a 3-PU, P 90-equipped guitar, with on-off switches and phase switches for each PU, similar to Brian May's. Pretty cool axe, but it's in rough shape!

Back
Top Bottom