Let’s see your les pauls

Les Paul collection update:

487eab01-7718-46ad-bf33-b5eab15db476-jpeg.424318

22 '68RI LPC, 21 R9 Royal Teaburst, '96 Standard.

I'm just about to sell mine. I've loved this guitar, it's a 2010 Les Paul Axcess Stopbar. Unfortunately it fell down from a wall hanger a couple of years ago and broke the neck. I had it repaired, took it to next rehearsal and it had broken again in transport. And had it fixed again and since then it's just been sitting in its case and I've been too scared to use it. I really don't want to hang on to stuff I'm too scared to use. I also think it's possible/would be better to do a neck repair that would cut out some wood across the break and then sort of splice it together to create a stronger fix. But I couldn't find anyone that could do that sort of repair here in Sydney. I also don't really know if that would actually be a permanent fix or if it was always going to be for home use only after the break.

IMG_9933.jpegIMG_9944.jpeg

@Johan Allard Just regluing it is not the best way. A luither by me repairs them with a scarf joint.
Never to break again in the same place.
Ibanez use that on their necks too for example.

@Johan Allard Just regluing it is not the best way. A luither by me repairs them with a scarf joint.
Never to break again in the same place.
Ibanez use that on their necks too for example.
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I just couldn't find anyone in Sydney that could/wanted to do it. Maybe it would be worth sending it overseas, not sure.

Back
Top Bottom