Les Paul Classic Refinish Done!

That's really lovely. Sometimes you see a guitar finish and just know it was the perfect choice for that piece of wood. The honeyburst just makes that guitar look so gorgeously warm. Beautifully executed on all points.

Lovely work. How did you tighten up the crack? It looks like the original repair left a big ugly gap. Your re-repair is barely detectable in the pictures.

Lovely work. How did you tighten up the crack? It looks like the original repair left a big ugly gap. Your re-repair is barely detectable in the pictures.

After removing the paint i used heat and steam to loosen the glue some used to try to repair it then i flex the neck a bit so the crack opens up and filled it with glue, then i clamp it and leave it for a full month untouched. The rest is taken care of with wood grain filler.

After removing the paint i used heat and steam to loosen the glue some used to try to repair it then i flex the neck a bit so the crack opens up and filled it with glue, then i clamp it and leave it for a full month untouched. The rest is taken care of with wood grain filler.
Nicely done. Undoing someone else's ugly repair is seldom easy.

It is rare to find such patience. I am quite sure I would rush the job and it would look like shite. I love the honey burst. But even more so, your honey burst. The back looks sweet too. Damn. Do you have a rate card? Ha.

Seems your clients patience paid off big time.
Frigging wow! It's a night and day difference in Quality.
Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom