Leon appreciation thread!

Oh remember that English guy that poked around inside the unit with a chopstick? The one that got offended when Cliff called him a chucklehead? That was the first video I ever saw on the AxeFX. Leon’s was the second. I bought the AxeFX 😂

The 5 minute tones were super useful for me, and his one-on-one lessons are well worth it!
Ahah yes it's Tony McKenzie if i remember correctly ^^

As the fellow Strayan in this video shows, there are many different meanings to the word mate. There are at least 4 usages in this video: “dick-head”, “close-as-family”, “respected stranger”, and a “fuuuuuck!”. There are others. You can call your girlfriend mate, but not her mum, but her dad can call you mate. (Although, depending on the tone of voice, he may politely telling you to fuck off.)

It’s a sublime and subtle word.
Fuhgeddaboudit

Absolutely agree!!

It was Larry Mitchell vids that first made me realize their was a Fractal unit in my price range and then almost simultaneously found Leon and since we are exactly 12 hours apart his posts usually come down in the morning and I’m there. Thanks LT and FAS!👍👍👍

I appreciate that I can count on a “new stuff overview” whenever Cliff rolls them out. It was Leon’s doom-ish 15m vid that confirmed Fractal would be the way to go when I left my last band.

Seems a great guy and an incredible resource for musicians the world over.

Absolutely agree Leon is a Fractal MVP! Thank you, Mr. Legend, for your generosity with the countless hours of great insights and teaching! I've learned so much from watching your tutorials. Cheers!

Great vids, educational and fun. I use the TV Mix 2 cab with the jcm 800 based on Leon’s vids. Perfect tone and more importantly I spend all my time playing vs twiddling now.

It’s not enough to just “like” OP’s original post … Leon’s contributions are priceless. Thanks, dude.

Leon’s and Plague Scythe Studios youtube channels made me fall in love with Fractal all over again. I think I got like 80% of the way there on my own, but they pushed me into the territory of not only making the best tones I’ve ever had, but also knowing a hell of a lot more about recorded guitar and the behavior of amps in general. Priceless knowledge.

His videos, Mark Day's videos, and Chris Buono's recommendations sold me on the Axe-FX II; the upgrade to the III was just fait accompli at that point.

Back
Top Bottom