Leaving AF2 in hot car ok?

Paperjace

Experienced
I live on the east coast and it can get pretty hot out during the summer. I park about a 1/4 mile from work so it sucks lugging my rack with me.

Will the Axe FX 2 be OK in summer car heat?

If the internal temp of you car is likely to reach 120, I'd say it's worth the effort to bring it to work with you. Most electronics are fine in reasonably high temps when they're not powered up, but LCD screens can be affected by sustained high heat. As noted above, treat it like a computer. An expensive computer :)

If its in the trunk (and the trunk is separate from the car you should be fine. If it's a sealed and well padded case, you should be fine. if it's just out in the open in your car i'd be more concerned about theft. But other than that you still should *probably* be ok. Computers run way hotter than we think. CPU's max out at 140F. When my Axe Fx runs in an air conditioned room, just touching the chassis, it feels like 120. That being said, it is an expensive piece of gear so it's risky and if nothing else might reduce the lifespan.

It takes a second to brake in a car, I don't leave anything of value in my car even though it has an alarm system. Smash and grab takes less than a munite.

over here, people are following the musicians home from the gigs. they stop in to get some food real quick and they come back to see their car busted into and their gear gone. i take NO chances anymore. fkn people...

That's why I stay in the car and send the Axe in to get the milk. :cool:

So Cliff sent you the Quantum 5 beta too? ;)

Seriously though, I don't ever leave my gear in my car or unattended. I always feel bad when I play shows because I always pack up my gear when I'm done and bring it home and can't watch the rest of the bands because I'm too afraid someone will steal my gear.

Back
Top Bottom