LCD hard to See?

Good question. But with my standard (1st purchase) it was pretty much the same as my 2 Ultras, so.........................I do believe my II is quieter thyan all 3. :)

I had the Axe II sitting on top of my ultra while I was dialing in the new box. The Axe II was much harder to read even when adjusted to max contrast. The new black has been in my rig for two gigs now. The screen is not a big issue for me. I just have to stand a little further away to have the angle right.

so would the LCD thing be something that can be sorted in a firmware drop, or would it be a hardware fix?

I have my Axe FX II sitting on Top of my Axe FX Standard.

I am at work and not sitting in front of it so this is by memory, but I don't remember ever thinking one was any different then the other contrast wise.

About the only thing I do remember about the Axe FX 2 display is that if you looked real close ( I mean real close, if you are not looking for it you won't notice it) it looked like there were lines drawn very lightly. Like left overs from the previous tab maybe. I don't know, but you would only see it if you looked real close.

I will look again tonight, but I am thinking if it is as different as some of you are seeing I would have noticed it right off the bat as I have used both multiple times.

Yeah I was expecting to see a fix to the LCD contrast issue in this version of software. :(

Last edited:
Yeah I was expecting to see a fix to the LCD contrast issue in this version of software. :(

The LCD (to my eyes) has more contrast than before.

The characters within the menus appear bolder as well.

I don't think it's a drastic change but it's mo' better than before :)

Contrast is still very low - no official response regarding this bug jet - so maybe its not fixable via firmware.

I bet there was nothing done regarding the LCD contrast on this update. LCD contrast can go far bolder than this, I know this because I have written software for multiple LCDs. I am sure if Cliff were to include a fix in this version of firmware, the change would definitely be noticable.

The LCD (to my eyes) has more contrast than before.

The characters within the menus appear bolder as well.

I don't think it's a drastic change but it's mo' better than before :)

I double checked with my standard tonight, and I am not seeing any real noticeable difference between the standard and the II. I guess if I look real close the screen on the II is slightly lighter, maybe. Or maybe I am just blind and they are identical.

I double checked with my standard tonight, and I am not seeing any real noticeable difference between the standard and the II. I guess if I look real close the screen on the II is slightly lighter, maybe. Or maybe I am just blind and they are identical.

Maybe your standard has a lighter LCD than normal? There most certainly is a pretty noticeable (as in "harder to read") difference. I am not being sarcastic-it's possible about your standard

Back
Top Bottom