Bug? Layout Link not working going from a per preset layout to setlist mode

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
I'm updating the setlist I use for my band now to take advantage of the gapless switching and think I have found a bug?

1. I start the set with a preset that is NOT part of the setlist. This has all kinds of weird per-preset stuff going on that I need to keep separated from the setlist feature, so I use a layout I've created to handle per-preset stuff
  2. That preset has a Per-Preset switch defined that:
    1. Takes me to song 1 of the set. This works fine.
    2. Has a layout link (tap) to switch layouts to the one I've created specifically for the setlist: This layout link does not do anything. It stays on the same layout it was already on.
Sukh

P.s. to clarify, this is on an axe fx iii and FC12

Last edited:
To update - it's possible to do what I'm trying by putting the preset into the setlist and using per-preset overrides that way, but found this issue when trying things out.

I am experiencing the same issue with my FM9.

Layout links are not working for per-preset switches. I tried using per-preset overrides and per-preset placeholders. Both doesn't change the layout.

This is the tap/hold configuration of my per-preset switch:

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-09 a les 18.36.11.png

This is the layout links of my per-preset switch:

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-09 a les 18.36.24.png

Last edited:
I think this might be a race condition. The Song Select in Set switch might be changing the current preset before the PP# layout link has a chance to perform the layout link. As a result the preset that's pulled up may not have the same layout link saved in it's PP# slot so it doesn't do anything.

Still testing.

I think this might be a race condition. The Song Select in Set switch might be changing the current preset before the PPO# layout link has a chance to perform the layout link. As a result the preset that's pulled up may not have the same layout link saved in it's PPO# slot so it doesn't do anything.

Still testing.
I believe this was discovered in another similar setup a while ago, so yeah this makes sense. Layout links fire on the Upstroke of the switch as well, if that’s relevant to this test.

Yep. That's what it's doing. If I put a layout link in that PP# slot of the preset used by the first song in my setlist, it follows that one instead.

The same thing happens if your PP# function is one of the Preset functions as well (Select, Select In Bank, Inc/Dec, etc.). It's changing presets before the Layout Link fires, so it's using the Layout Link settings in that PP# in the destination preset instead.

@BryantP

Back
Top Bottom