Latency

thanks guys, yes I was talking about latency not with the signal that passes through the session, but the 'direct' for monitoring. and it's a relief to know that there is indeed ZERO latency there. I'm good to go then.

Was out of town on a gig, so am a bit "latent" (Waka Waka) in further responding here, but this is what I found in my situation...

Was able to measure actual latency between a signal that was split and ran direct and the "processed" Axe-Fx signal of my Ultra (running a typical patch with amp block, two cab blocks, parametric EQ block, and reverb block)... Nothing too significant (in the <2ms range).

It turns out that my "perceived" latency was actually caused by the noise-gate being a bit slow to open and thus feeling a bit non-responsive. All good now.

Thanks again,
-Matt

Zen Guitar said:
Was out of town on a gig, so am a bit "latent" (Waka Waka) in further responding here, but this is what I found in my situation...

Was able to measure actual latency between a signal that was split and ran direct and the "processed" Axe-Fx signal of my Ultra (running a typical patch with amp block, two cab blocks, parametric EQ block, and reverb block)... Nothing too significant (in the <2ms range).

It turns out that my "perceived" latency was actually caused by the noise-gate being a bit slow to open and thus feeling a bit non-responsive. All good now.

Thanks again,
-Matt
Wow I think that nails it on the head and is probably the root of the problem for some people who think they feel latency.

Back
Top Bottom