Last Preview I Swear

And please don't swear this is the last preview...........there should me many more to come in many more future versions ;)

Cliff you sound "unleashed" in that AFD100 clip!! Sounds awesome thru my monitors!!

You must put this patch up on the Axe-Change with the exact IR you are using in this!! Please!!

Last edited:
Oh no!!! One of my fav amps being removed??? I forget but were there two models? the 800 and the 800 MOD? I really hope there is (I don't have the Axe with me) cuz I love the Brit 800!

Oh no!!! One of my fav amps being removed??? I forget but were there two models? the 800 and the 800 MOD? I really hope there is (I don't have the Axe with me) cuz I love the Brit 800!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why would amps get removed? They just keep getting added, or don't they:shock?
If so, is there some sort of a resource crunch?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why would amps get removed? They just keep getting added, or don't they:shock?
If so, is there some sort of a resource crunch?

It is just redundant and the new model probably sounds much better than the one being replaced.

So is the AFD100 model based on the AFD or #34 mode?

I'd assume its actually a Jubilee model since the Jubilee is loosely based on the JCM800 platform. The AFD100 and #34 SIR amps are modified plexi Marshalls. And since he's replacing a Modified JCM800 amp block, it just adds up.

HEY !

C'mon in ..., the water is fine !

If you are who I think you are .... ;) I can only say ..., I knew you'd find your way here sooner or later, but what took you so long ... ?

( I'm either right on target with this one 8), or embarassed :eek:ops as H#!! right now .... :razz )

I think you'll find there are some really cool musicians here, and they're all very helpful ! Let me know if there's anything I can do ....

Oh ..., and I'll tell Cindy you said "Hi" !

Yep, this is Hans. I finally took the plunge and got my Axe II 8 weeks ago, can't be happier. I should have done this much earlier, it's so easy to get great tone with this box! I can't say how much I enjoy what's happening here right now with the pending v7 update, awesome! Thanks much for offering your help, but at the moment I feel I'm well on my way.8)

Take care, talk more later!

- Hans

I'd assume its actually a Jubilee model since the Jubilee is loosely based on the JCM800 platform. The AFD100 and #34 SIR amps are modified plexi Marshalls. And since he's replacing a Modified JCM800 amp block, it just adds up.

From what I know, the AFD100 is a modified plexi (1959T - the tremolo was removed and portion of the circuit was used to hotrod the amp), the #34 is a modified JCM800, used by Slash on the UYI and beyond....the Silver Jubilee might be based off the JCM800 I don't know..(the amp in the 92 Tokyo tour is most possibly the Jubilee)..but circuit wise and sonically the Jubilee I read is different from the channels on the AFD100.
I had looked around to obtain this information when I got my AFD100....
Check this video out, it is the Jubilee
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Ab6TRRpkQ

If Apple pulled this off, they'd just call it the Axe FX III and charge another $2,199 ;)
Actually, Apple's pretty good about firmware updates on older hardware. What Apple would do is double the display resolution, take away SPDIF, and change the MFC connector while increasing the price to $2,799.

Sounds good!... but I'm hearing something that I can't quite identify. It's most noticeable on the bend up around the 0:25 - 0:27 time mark. Sounds like aliasing. As the main pitch bends up I can hear a low frequency going downward in pitch. It creates a sort of ring-modulator effect.

My high E was ringing causing an intermodulation. I thought it sounded cool so I did it again on purpose. Tried to do it a third time but flubbed it so just bent the crap out of the note instead.

Back
Top Bottom