Last Liquid Foot Question, Promise :)

xpenno

Power User
Just a quick one. I notice that you can clone/link an IA within the LF Pro and I presume that I can use this to help me achieve the following although I'm not sure exactly how.

I have S16 setup to send a CC#5 to my AxeFX to add a lead boost for solos. What I would like to do is also have the toe switch in my expression pedal setup to add the same lead boost and if possible change the state of S16 to show when it is on or off. I can get the control setup so that both switches turn the lead boost on and off but I can't work out if it's possible to link the state with S16.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Spence

xpenno said:
Just a quick one. I notice that you can clone/link an IA within the LF Pro and I presume that I can use this to help me achieve the following although I'm not sure exactly how.

I have S16 setup to send a CC#5 to my AxeFX to add a lead boost for solos. What I would like to do is also have the toe switch in my expression pedal setup to add the same lead boost and if possible change the state of S16 to show when it is on or off. I can get the control setup so that both switches turn the lead boost on and off but I can't work out if it's possible to link the state with S16.

Cheers

Spence

Well it's not possible yet AFAIK.
It's a feature I asked several times at Jeff and in this thread http://fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11461 he's suggesting (al least that's how I read it) that it would be possible in the new firmware and editor.

Unfortunally for the Pro the latest firmware isn't updated on the website (still v1.98f) and in the new editor I don't find a function to do this.

xpenno said:

Cheers

Spence

I'm not sure that is possible with Expression pedal inputs.

javajunkie said:
xpenno said:

Cheers

Spence

I'm not sure that is possible with Expression pedal inputs.

Yes it's possible. I've customized my Boss FV-500H with an a Toe-Switch.
This Toe-switch is connected to External 3 of my LF

On the LF I've set my EXP3 as IA TRIG SW to trigger S30

And my S30 switch is configured like this:
S30 EXP A/B
STEP-THRU
STEP 1
EXP1 41 (set expression1 to external6: vol)
CC33 - 000 (external1: wah OFF)
STEP 2
EXP1 33 (set expression1 to external1: wah)

this way I can switch between WAH/VOL. works perfect!

I must confess I was wrong when I stated that the led will not follow the state. In fact it won't follow, but you must use a STEP-THRU function in order to use it as ON/OFF, and with a step-thru there isn't a led-change.

but nevertheless I still would be nice if you trigger another Switch that the led would follow :cool:

Just a note in case anyone else has this issue - in order to get this to work you may need to calibrate your external switch. I've been trying to figure out why my SP1-LF wouldn't work with this configuration. It didn't occur to me that I would need to calibrate a button... Works like a charm now. :)

Yes- perhaps user guide needs a refresh (kidding- of course it does!) --- You must calibrate anything you insert into the EXP ports before they will function correct... Sorry that was not clear...

Jeff

Cool thanks for the update. Need to order a PSU so that I can run my LF whilst connecting to my Midi Interface so that I can update to the latest firmware :)

Back
Top Bottom