Last 2 Tap Tempo

Tapping led.
Hmm. Mine stays on all the time, even if delay is turned off. It's always blinking, based on the default tempo of the preset, even if the delay block is off by default.

But perhaps check the settings of the delay block...do you have it set to the global tempo, or a set bpm (before you tap, I mean; the default value)?

Mbrown3, what I am saying has nothing to do with the delay on/off led, only the tapping led. Try starting to tap when the tapping LED blinking is off, try 70bpm, continue to count and see if syncs.

I understand that 40bpm is unusual, but even on 60 to 70 bpm if you tap on LED off it will not sync. If you are trying to follow a drummer during a song it is very annoying looking down and your leds are out of sync, even if the tempo is right.
I get that it's bugging you, but I still don't get why. I've tapped to different drummers countless times, and it just works. When I tap, I'm concentrating on my foot, not on a light.

If it's really bothering you, throw it up on the Wish List. I don't know what priority it it'll get—in five years on a forum with thousands of users, I've never seen the issue come up—but it's worth a go. Until then, gaffer's tape is your friend. What you can't see can't hurt you. :)

MTry starting to tap when the tapping LED blinking is off, try 70bpm, continue to count and see if syncs.

See post #11. Currently the Axe/MFC don't try to align the blinking with your taps. You could think of the LED as being like downbeats of a sequencer/DAW. Your tapping can instantly alter the playback tempo with each tap, but it won't make the playback cursor jump to a downbeat.

Rex, I didn't say it didn't work I was just pointing out a issue with the LEDs not syncing all the time to the taps. I just wish it would work right. I just don't understand why they chose to design it this way when clearly there's a better way to do it. I guess I will have to take your advice and cover the led with tape.

See post #11. Currently the Axe/MFC don't try to align the blinking with your taps. You could think of the LED as being like downbeats of a sequencer/DAW. Your tapping can instantly alter the playback tempo with each tap, but it won't make the playback cursor jump to a downbeat.
Ok I see, but is there a reason why they chose to design it this way? To me it doesn't make sense.

LEDs flashing out of sync has never bothered me. On my analog board I used to have a few delays that all flashed at different times, even though the BPM was the same.

All that matters is whether or not the actual repeats are in sync.

Played many live shows now and have never had an issue syncing up to a drummer or click track.

Rex, I didn't say it didn't work I was just pointing out a issue with the LEDs not syncing all the time to the taps.
Understood.

I guess I will have to take your advice and cover the led with tape.
After you've applied the tape, take my other advice and put it on the Wish list. It's worth a shot. :)

Back
Top Bottom