Last 2 Tap Tempo

To be honest it didn`t improve much with the last 2 taps, it still have this weird delay and the led not updating quick enough is simply annoying.

How can a equipment this powerful not be able to handle tap tempo ? very frustrated...

To be honest it didn`t improve much with the last 2 taps, it still have this weird delay and the led not updating quick enough is simply annoying.

How can a equipment this powerful not be able to handle tap tempo ? very frustrated...

can you make a video showing this? i'm not sure many other people are experiencing this delay.

I'm not experiencing a delay issue. TBH, I think what's happening is that you're getting tripped up by the blinking light. Gonna have to let that one go, my brother. :)

The Tap Tempo is set to "Average" by default. If you didn't changed manually to "Last 2" after the update, maybe you're still using the average... Just guessing.
The option it's on Global.

I'm not experiencing a delay issue. TBH, I think what's happening is that you're getting tripped up by the blinking light. Gonna have to let that one go, my brother. :)

You might be right, I am trying to shoot a video and now that I am concentrated on taping it right I can`t replicate the problem.

I guess it`s operator error.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help.

No worries. The same kind of thing gets me too, every once in a while.. :)

Glad you got it working. I was just going to post that I set it to last two and tried it out over the weekend. Worked great. Thanks to FAS for adding the option.

On slower songs what`s the maximum time allowed in between taps? I think I found when I have the delay it`s when I tap slower songs, so if I tap 40 bpm then try to tap 30 bpm it has a delay.

On slower songs what`s the maximum time allowed in between taps? I think I found when I have the delay it`s when I tap slower songs, so if I tap 40 bpm then try to tap 30 bpm it has a delay.
You must be tapping half time, no? Because even 60bpm is really slow.

FWIW, I used the axe all weekend for the first time since this option was added and it's so much better. Thank you Fractal for listening to your users.

Last edited:
I know you guys told me to let the led sync go but I can`t, I have never experienced this behavior in any of my delay pedal ever, on my other delay pedals if I tap, no matter the state of the led, on or off, it follows my tap, but the axe fx will not, at least on slower songs, if I tap when the LED is on it will follow the tap and sync the led with the song, but if I tap when LED is off it reverses the blinking from led on tap to led off on tap.

I understand that 40bpm is unusual, but even on 60 to 70 bpm if you tap on LED off it will not sync. If you are trying to follow a drummer during a song it is very annoying looking down and your leds are out of sync, even if the tempo is right.

I understand that 40bpm is unusual, but even on 60 to 70 bpm if you tap on LED off it will not sync.
I guess I'm not clear on what you're talking about. What do you mean by "tap on led off"?

And what sync with what? The delay syncing with the tempo? Or the led syncing with the actual taps? I think you're still talking about the latter, I just want to make sure.

Led syncing with the taps, should not the led turn on as soon as you start tapping no matter the state of the LED? Thats how my other delays used to work anyways.

Led syncing with the taps, should not the led turn on as soon as you start tapping? Thats how my other delays used to work anyways.
But do you mean the tapping led, or the led for the delay effect on/off?

I think this depends on whether you have it set to auto engage the delay when you start tapping. If so, then you have to tap a number of times for it to know that you are, indeed, intending to kick on the delay, vs an accidental or one-off tap.

Do you have the auto engage turned on? If so, try turning it off and see if it solves the issue.

Back
Top Bottom