Las Vegas, Live music recommendations

addedc

Experienced
Just looking for recommendations on bands to check out or good venues to see live music in Vegas. I like rock, blues, funk, pop, R&B, some jazz and enjoy good cover bands or original tunes. Any tips would be appreciated. I am going next week and staying downtown.

Thanks in advance.

"Raiding the Rock Vault" was great, but maybe it's not happening now since the Hard Rock closed. Depending on when you go, there are obviously a lot of rock/metal acts going through there. In the Spring, I think the Scorpions and Queensryche are there for a month.

Thanks for tips. I am also hoping someone who knows the local band scene has some suggestions on lesser known good local bands.

The Vegas music scene is only beginning to recover from the pandemic, and I can't say that it was all that great before. Most "production" shows like Raiding the Rock Vault are intolerably cheesy. Fremont Street is wall-to-wall garbage. This isn't a dig on the musicians, but is rather a statement on what execs think the public wants.

Based on your tastes, I'd say the Lon Bronson band is right up your alley. Unfortunately, I can't find any dates for them.

My band is currently choosing not to play until venues are willing to pay pre-pandemic wages. Some venues are simply hiring a DJ. I'll take a look to see what might be available during your stay that's worthwhile.

Last edited:
If you're never seen Steadystates band you're in for a real treat. I can't wait to get back to Vegas and hopefully catch them again.

Thanks Steadystate! I was hoping you would weigh in as I know you play there.
Sorry I wasn't of much help. The best bands still don't have regular work. Everything's sporadic. We have our first gig since March of 2020 on January 15th, and it's a one-off. For several reasons, I sometimes the governor here wants the local economy to fail. But I digress.

We caught a visiting blues band from California at a local bar that was pretty good. The Fremont Street Experience was a little canned but a band called Rock Steady had a killer older guitar player. He was playing some very tasty licks.

We caught a visiting blues band from California at a local bar that was pretty good. The Fremont Street Experience was a little canned but a band called Rock Steady had a killer older guitar player. He was playing some very tasty licks.
Rock Steady has the lead singer and drummer we released from our band. And they hated each other. I guess a paycheck can heal all wounds.

Headed to Vegas next month for the first time in over a decade. Curious if the live band scene has picked up post-pandemic?

Back
Top Bottom