Larry Mitchell amp models

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Reviews' started by mighty guitarman, Mar 11, 2017.

1. mighty guitarman

mighty guitarman
    Expand Collapse
    New here

I listened to the video and a found Larry Mitchell to play excellent with some very usable musician sounds. Since i also love the amps that he played, i just downloaded the AX8 free package with sounds and cabinets from an AC20, Fender Deluxe, 2 Marshalls and a Peavy amp. That is what i call good customer support ;-)

The rewards were 9 amazing presets that were both identical to his amps and directly usable in a band. I simply adored the AC20 preset that has that nice bite. Activating the Multi-delay, and U2 songs came to my mind directly. The Marshalls are spot on and have the right amount of British aggression which cuts through any mix.

Well done and therefore, i would like to express my sincere compliments for the the Fractal Audio team!

biskitboy, rushfan, voes and 6 others like this.
  2. Stratoblaster

Stratoblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Yes they are great presets and cabs; I played with them a few days ago on my AX8. Great contributions from Larry and FAS. Was cool they had presets/cabs for all the AFX devices.

rushfan and Admin M@ like this.
  3. HarrySound

HarrySound
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

I think these presets work so well because they are custom made and include the IR required. You also get to hear the context In which they were used so have a frame of reference.

Personally I would like to see this approach taken more with cab packs. I know ML is adding presets to his bundles and that's a start.

rushfan, levipeto and zenaxe like this.
  4. jjc2

jjc2
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Tried them only with my tele with dimarzio area T pickups in it and the luxe sounded ok, but I didn't like the rest.
    I will try them again with my Suhr or LP, just to see what difference switching to HB's makes.
    I saw he had a HB as his bridge pickup and used that almost exclusively during the video.
    May also try my IBANEZ SA with Andy Timmons pickups, to see if a high output HB livens things up a bit.

Thanks for the review though, I think that video pulled me over the line to get the XL+ and not the AX8.

5. simeon

simeon
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

the plexi cab has found it's way into a few of my presets. very vintage sounding.

R.D. likes this.
  6. jjc2

jjc2
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

yep, as I suspected; they sound awesome with my 59 re-issue with SD Antiquities in it,