Large Reduction of Volume, Must Reboot to Fix

felken

Inspired
Sometime the volume drops to almost inaudible while playing. It may only happen while using wah, I don't think I have noticed it occurring otherwise.

I have to reboot the Axe to fix it, changing to another patch etc does not bring the volume back to normal.

SW Ver 5.07, Axedit is running via USB connection while this occurs, Win7 64

Patch003 Deluxe reverb, changed the cab to boogafunk EVL and made a few minor tweaks to the amp model and a couple of effects (chorus and flanger)

Any ideas on how to fix this if it is not a bug?

Is this only happening together with Axe-Edit? Or by Axe II alone?

If it's the former, please put it into the Axe-Edit bug section, not here. The bug patrol of Axe-Edit might not take notice here, and Axe II users may get scared for no reason ;)

Is there anything connected to your Axe II that puts out midi commands? Unless it's a bug, your description points to global controls (because a patch change doesn't solve it).
There are global volume controls (1 for input, 1 for each output pair) that could cause that.

Felken, what is most probably happening is that one of your blocks - most likely AMP or CAB - is getting bypassed when using your expression pedal.
There is a known bug which is yet unresolved in which the MFC will apparently send a BYPASS command which can randomly bypass a block.
The known workaround on this is defeat the Bypass CC for AMP1, AMP2, CAB1 and CAB2. It's not optimum because you can't bypass one amp block on the fly and activate another, (same for cab) but at least since I did that, the problem stopped. As I play live 98% of the time, this was a deal breaker for me. Either it solved or I had to go back to some other form of processor. The workaround fixed it.
Next time your volume drops, check if either your AMP, CAB or even the entire unit was flipped to BYPASS.

Thanks for the info Patzag. In my case there is still output, just much lower so I don't think it is a bypass comand but if it happens again I will check that.

Thanks for the info Patzag. In my case there is still output, just much lower so I don't think it is a bypass comand but if it happens again I will check that.

When the amp of cab is bypassed, or even if the Axe is bypassed, there is output, just greatly diminished.

Felken, what is most probably happening is that one of your blocks - most likely AMP or CAB - is getting bypassed when using your expression pedal.
There is a known bug which is yet unresolved in which the MFC will apparently send a BYPASS command which can randomly bypass a block.
The known workaround on this is defeat the Bypass CC for AMP1, AMP2, CAB1 and CAB2. It's not optimum because you can't bypass one amp block on the fly and activate another, (same for cab) but at least since I did that, the problem stopped. As I play live 98% of the time, this was a deal breaker for me. Either it solved or I had to go back to some other form of processor. The workaround fixed it.
Next time your volume drops, check if either your AMP, CAB or even the entire unit was flipped to BYPASS.

^^ This.

I had it happen with one preset. When on that preset, moving my exp. pedal would make the audio drop out.
There is a workaround, as Patzag decribes.

I used Axe-Edit to clear the preset slot, rebuild the preset and it never happened again. Whether it was the MFC or a corrupt preset I don't know.

Oh, and make sure you're running the latest MFC firmware.

Back
Top Bottom