L'Acoustics 108P - Wow!

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
I have been on a search for a small, relatively light, monitoring solution.

I currently use a Meyersound UP Junior which I thought was quite good but stiff not satisfying. My IEMs sound better, brighter, fuller than the UP Junior.

I had a chance to pit my UP Junior against a 108P in a perfect AB comparison, with levels matched to ensure no skew from the dreaded F-M curve.

This was a revelation. Like a thin blanket was removed from the speaker. The glorious sound of the Axe came shining through and everything, every preset sounded better, wider, cleaner, clearer. My acoustic preset had me captivated for minutes before I could switch to something else. My Marshall preset roared and jumped at me.

These things are ridiculously expensive. But is there anything that sounds as good out there?

I'm not committing to anything yet.
Unfortunately, where I am located (Caribbean) is very scarce in good audio equipment. And I don't think there's a CLR within 2000 miles of here! :lol
I've been looking into various solutions with Zitone and Matrix but I hate to buy just to try.
I'd love to hear from anyone who has actually worked with the 108P and can give even a subjective comparative with the most current offerings such as CLRs, Zitone, NL12, etc.

I've tried the 108P a couple of years ago and absolutely loved what I heard.
Everything I've ever tried from L'Acoustics have been top drawer both in construction, sound quality and (unfortunately) price.
I received the Atomic Active CLRs in April and for the first time in years my lust for a set of L'Acoustics monitors is gone.
The CLRs is a lot cheaper than the 108P's so you might consider trying the CLRs out first.

I've tried the 108P a couple of years ago and absolutely loved what I heard.
Everything I've ever tried from L'Acoustics have been top drawer both in construction, sound quality and (unfortunately) price.
I received the Atomic Active CLRs in April and for the first time in years my lust for a set of L'Acoustics monitors is gone.
The CLRs is a lot cheaper than the 108P's so you might consider trying the CLRs out first.

Now that's an interesting answer. Because LUST is really what I feel after listening to the 108P. Really. It was like - you know - gee! 8)

So is there anyone else with experience with L'acoustics monitoring that can give comparatives to current popular solutions?

I had a L-Acoustic 12" wedge on a gig recently. Sounded great, maybe (!) a little bit (!) better than my RCF NX12-SMA. But it costs at least 4 times as much with the proper amping, so I'm still absolutely happy with the RCF.

BTW: For the people not wanting to spend much money there's a new active coaxial contender: the box pro Mon A12
I have one for testing right now. It's not quite in the same league as the RCF, but for THAT price it's great, loud, light, relatively flat (except for a dip at 2.5k), worth a try.

#9 Hi Merlin! How has been that test of the Box? Could compare with Alto sxm112? I almost decided of buy the Alto but im curious about the The Box

Thanks for all your advices, they always are great.

Greetings!

hmmm seems like a few new lower priced Coaxial options are beginning to surface.
this is great for FRFR users.

Reactions: LVC
The t-box is ok, but it's lacking headroom if you're gonna play loud...
If you're lusting for the L'Acoustics or CLR, that's a different league.

Back
Top Bottom