Lace Alumitones,any users?

RDeraz

Experienced
just curious if anyone here has used them.i was looking into maybe trying them out,but based on some of the demos i've seen and heard,they sound a bit stiff and brash.the concept is great,but how they sound and feel is the bottom line.any opinions?

I have the P90 Alumitone in a Italia Marranello Speedster. It's the only pickup the guitar has, and it works great for me.

because its easier to say than aluminumnickelcobalt tone.(jus' kiddin').

hehehe...

and they look fantastic!

lace_alumitone_pickup_chrome.png

I installed a set in a guitar for a client.
I was pretty impressed with them.

He had a 3x single coil Strat set in an Ibanez Roadster.
They were pretty sweet- chimey is the word that comes to mind.

I've got a pair in my Vantage and I dig 'em.
Was actually consideing getting Deathbuckers (the heavier version of the Alumitones) for a guitar down the track.

I wish they didn't look they way they do. Still, kind of curious about them as well.

Sup?

I have a deathbucker,,,and posted this on another forum some time ago so, I just C+P'ed it here cause I type sloooooowwww:lol

It is a very full range and HOT as fuck P'up.

I have one in one of my Jackson Warriors.
100_1747.jpg

Since I have grown tired of the EMG's I have played since they invented dirt,,,I've been trying to find a P'up I like in this model guitar as I have a few of them. I have since grown addicted to BKP's in all my other types of guitars,,but they don't sound right(at least to my ears) in these guitars due to the angle of the P'up routing, which I have come to believe need some sort of "Blade" type P'up to get it right. I think that is the reason I used the EMG's in there for so long as inside all the black plastic lives a bladed P'up.

I replaced the EMG 81 that was in there and the first thing I noticed was Damn,,,, this thing is loud! and stronger than the 81.

In THIS guitar(ymmv) It is really even across the spectrum too, and I don't want to say airy but really open sounding, even the uncommonly used harmonics like the 2nd fret just jump out effortlessly.

I had to adjust it down pretty far away from my strings though as I have my AXE-FX input set for my Doberman 7V, and my mirrored Jackson Warrior(strait P'up routing) both with Ceramic Warpigs so it just barely hits the red when I hit the strings hard,,but the Deathbucker was solidly in the red just strumming and not really chunking on them at all at a comparable height.

All that being said, I am curious of how it would sound in a strait P'up routed guitar though, as I wonder if the higher strings getting picked up closer to the neck is producing the perceived level of evenness across the strings due to the slightly stronger resonance there. I have a 500K vol pot installed on it also, and am also curious if a 250K would skew it a little more towards the bass side by bleeding a little more of the top off.

IDK, if it is what I want for THIS guitar, as I still want to try a few others Like anX2n, or some sort of Bill Lawrence,, maybe even a blackout and try this in another guitar to compare. I wish BKP made a bladed P'up
smile.gif

Anyway,,,,All in all it seems to be a great P'up so far and I definitely like it as a great replacement for the EMG's, its almost like a passive 81 with just,,,,,more.

MOSHON
DAVE

I picked up 2 Alumitone standard humbuckers a couple weeks ago, but haven't installed them yet. I'm planning on doing some recording of my current EMG's clean and distortion and then the new P'ups for comparison. After 10 years of usage, I too am trying to get away from the EMG's to a more natural sounding P'up.

IDK, if it is what I want for THIS guitar, as I still want to try a few others Like anX2n

Moshwitz,the X2n i have plenty of expierience with.played that pup in my kramer just shy of 20yrs.:shockthe kramer is in pieces,but the pup is in a friends guitar now,still kickin'.by far the highest output passive pup i have ever played through.the magnetic field is so strong on it that i remember having it just about sunk into the body of the guitar.it absolutely abused the front end of any amp it was plugged into.but the high end was really gross and piercing.to my ears anyway.def needed to be tamed w/eq.just a straight up balls out flailing pup.nothing polite about it.:mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom