kostein's Axe FX II Firmware 12 High Gain Showcase (28 amp models) & Metal presets

Man that is some serious work to put that all together! Outstanding job!
Made me rethink some of the amps (giving some a try that I haven't before).

This supports my belief as well that a great player can get a great tone out of (almost) any amp.

Really impressive!

The presets are incredible. I feel like a kind of cheated a little bit. Which I enjoy..:D... The first think I did when I got my AXFXII was load your presets. I would love to see behind the scenes snip or two. Awesome, inspiring job on this.

Killer effort and production! What I find most pleasing... seven pages of comments with a wide variety of "favorite" amp tones! Only shows how absolutely wonderful this tool is. Thanks Kostein for the outstanding work.... and thank you Cliff and all the Fractal engineers for doing it better than we ever expected! You are the envy of every guitar gear company on the planet.

Thank you the video and putting all that hard work for dome of us noobs. This was one of the videos that helped me not bash my head on me keyboard when I first got my axe fx.

Took a second look at these presets over the weekend. They're really good. My faves are the Powerball, Dual Rec, FAS Modern, and 5153 Red.

Thanks again as these presets have helped me to understand how to dial in my tone. With many of them, there's interesting things going on with the advanced amp parameters...low resonance, thump, xformer match, supply sag, and definition specifically.

Killer effort and production! What I find most pleasing... seven pages of comments with a wide variety of "favorite" amp tones! Only shows how absolutely wonderful this tool is. Thanks Kostein for the outstanding work.... and thank you Cliff and all the Fractal engineers for doing it better than we ever expected! You are the envy of every guitar gear company on the planet.

I find the comments really interesting to read too. Different people like different tones and it really shows when reading the comments. It also tells me that I came up with decent tones with amps that I normally wouldn't care for :D

The presets are incredible. I feel like a kind of cheated a little bit. Which I enjoy..:D... The first think I did when I got my AXFXII was load your presets. I would love to see behind the scenes snip or two. Awesome, inspiring job on this.

Ummm, "behind the scenes", that's another huge project that I'm planning to do at some point. I'm going to cover my whole recording process starting from dialing tones to recording, mixing up to the finished product. I've yet to figure out a way to do it so don't hold your breath, at least for a while ;)

Took a second look at these presets over the weekend. They're really good. My faves are the Powerball, Dual Rec, FAS Modern, and 5153 Red.

Thanks again as these presets have helped me to understand how to dial in my tone. With many of them, there's interesting things going on with the advanced amp parameters...low resonance, thump, xformer match, supply sag, and definition specifically.

Oh yeah, I play with the advanced parameters all the time. I've spent a huge amount of time tweaking and I've reached to a point that when I'm going a specific type of tone, I roughly know which knobs to turn. It's truly amazing how many tone shaping options we have at our disposal. Every knob does something different and it's up to the user to decide which ones to use. That's the beauty of this box, the depth is there for the user to explore if he chooses to.

awesome vid. helepd me decide to get the axe 2 xl . great patches too man. I chucked some beer money your way via your donate

HA,

Not sure how I missed this when it came out.

Well actually I do. Not my style.

That being said.

Freaking WOW.

My style or not, that was a lot of work and you did an amazing job!

Enjoyed it!

Will these presets work on Axe FX 2 15.06? After all the work that went into making them,its a sad irony if thats not the case.

(The video looks interesting. Unfortunately metal is not my cup of tea and tends to give me a headache so I couldnt watch more then the first minute.)

Talk about raising a thread from the dead! The fact that we're 3 firmware updates passed it makes this even more awesome!

awesome vid. helepd me decide to get the axe 2 xl . great patches too man. I chucked some beer money your way via your donate

Thanks dude, much appreciated! It's a great feeling knowing that this massive undertaking helped people in deciding on getting an Axe :)

Update for 15.6 please!

I'd love to do that at some point with whatever the latest firmware is but the thought of how much work is needed... Not ruling it out but I don't see me doing it anytime soon. Maybe if something major happens, time will tell.

HA,

Not sure how I missed this when it came out.

Well actually I do. Not my style.

That being said.

Freaking WOW.

My style or not, that was a lot of work and you did an amazing job!

Enjoyed it!

It means so much to me that even people who are not into this style of music can appreciate the work I put into this. Yeah that's me being proud! :pride:

Will these presets work on Axe FX 2 15.06? After all the work that went into making them,its a sad irony if thats not the case.

(The video looks interesting. Unfortunately metal is not my cup of tea and tends to give me a headache so I couldnt watch more then the first minute.)

I'm still on v14 and they still sound great so I don't see a reason why they wouldn't work on v15. Can anyone on v15 elaborate?

Also the main song I used for showcasing might not give you as much of a headache as it's not as bro0tal. And then you have the goofy parts at 12:40 and 25:40 :p

Back
Top Bottom