kostein's Axe FX II Firmware 12 High Gain Showcase (28 amp models) & Metal presets

Cool Video. I took notes as I listened to try and see if I could identify my favorite sounding amps as played and dialed in by you. I narrowed it down to about 5 amps or so and then tried to listen to each of those. I would have to say my favorites in this video were:

1) Diezel VH4
2a) Peavey 5150
2b) Peavey 6505+

But it was real close, and through different monitors I would probably change. FAS Modern just missed the cut.

I am assuming it was the actual VH4 and not DAS Metal?

Awesome job:encouragement:tone,video and playing ,thanks for taking the time and sharing:D

Excellent production work, Kostein! For this song, I'm diggin the 5150 III, FAS Modern II, Marshall AFD100, Brown Eye, 6505 the TripTik, Diezel and that awesome Thordendal. The Uberschall is pretty beastly too. Wicked song, man. Thanks.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuude, I emailed u the other day asking when this might be done, here it is! cant wait to dive in, I loved your last one and the presets/cabs u suggested. Now youve out done yourself providing the actual presets. thank you so much.

wow just watched it all, digging mmmmmmmmmmmmany, liked the orange splawn at the end, diezels, mb rectifier

Awesome job! Thank you for sharing the presets also!

You're one of the people that make this forum such a good place. Thank you.

Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh. That Benny Hill intermission is fucking great. (I'm surprised I'm the only one to call it out.) The Interlude was cool, too. Always fun watching.

They all sounded good in the mix, though some got kind of lost over the bass. Some came out on top more: second tier - FAS Modern, Komet, and Thordendal; top tier - D4, FAS6160, SLO100, and 5150.

I noticed you ran the master past five on almost all of them (the Komet at 10! ), and was wondering what your motive is there?

Also, in many cases it says you used a mic with one of the 3rd-party IRs - or did this mean you used the IR where they used that mic?

Last edited:
wow,
wot an axe fx super hero
thanks for putting in all that work it must have taken many hours to put that together kudos to you dude!

I'll be damned if that doesn't shift a few Fractal units...really shows the versatility and variation in the high gain amps. Wonderful stuff.

Same here. Overall level was way too high and caused clipping on the Axe output. Easy fix, though.

Yeah i know. I was just wondring if it was just me.
Once the Level was turned Down,they sound really good.

I just Wonder if HE made the prestes With the global Level turned Down..
Just a heads up :)

Did it in one sitting. You made me late for work... good thing I'm my own boss. Excellent job as usual. Informative and yet entertaining. Serious thanks for your time and efforts Kostein! Kudos to you. :encouragement:

Yeah i know. I was just wondring if it was just me.
Once the Level was turned Down,they sound really good.

I just Wonder if HE made the prestes With the global Level turned Down..
Just a heads up :)

Would probably fit my level. I´m down 4 dB on the global ;)

Great job. Cool video too. Kudos!!

Really nice of you to do all this. I honestly mean it!

But, wow. People do NOT just load these (especially with headphones on) and plan to rock out. You'll blow your eardrums apart.

Back
Top Bottom