Kirk Hammett with AXE-FX lll

Not sure if this has been shared before, but I think Kirk names the amp models he uses in Fractal here: "The tone on 72 Seasons is based on my live sound, which is a Fractal Axe-Fx modelled on a blend of my Fortin Meathead amp and my Dual Rectifier."

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/me...US2cuD_wCW1YuTTzOQQP7anFx7NTkO7_z5B5cll_doUJg
So did he record with the 3 in 72 seasons? Don’t really understand as the Fortin it is not in the unit.

Edit : Ha maybe I get it . He record with the Fortin/ dual recto real amps to match his 3 live tone 😅

Last edited:
Ok, Ill say it. Kirk is a bad dude, and contributed more to music before he was 21yo than everyone commenting on this forum (aside from Cliff) combined. And PRS guitars are overrated 🤷‍♂️
2nd that.... no question on "Fade to Black", "Sanitarium" and "One" - esp the intros WOW.

That’s surprising to me. I thought I read James wouldn’t let him play rhythm on first few albums. But he’s got a point. He’s playing it night after night. He’s a pro.
You are correct, but time matters here. That was in the 80s. Kirk is a far better rhythm player now than he was then.

Trying to keep up with Hetfield is a truly daunting task. Can anyone imagine that, year after year?
Het has the most famous right hand in all of metal for a damn good reason. "Try to keep up!" : )

Kirk talks like a student, not a master, when he talks about playing. He never lost his humility or his sense of humor... and over the years it made him better and better.

Scott Ian is certainly in the elite tier of rhythm players with Het, so if Scott is vouching for Kirk, who is anyone here to doubt on that?

I just called him. You're right.
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Back
Top Bottom