killer results direct into computer?

soundsurgeon

hey everyone
real close to buying an axe ultra for recording in my apartment . cant use an frfr setup here and i am confidant i would get good results that route from reading the posts . but not sure the axe will still sound and respond as good in the direct to computer setting .my setup right now is guitar into podxt left & right out to m-audio delta44 analog L-R inputs into sonar 4 back out to mackie 1202 vlz pro event tr6 monitors and sehieser hd280 headphones. i am not trying to get a comparison between the pod & the ultra i know there is a wide difference i am just wanting to know if the ultra still kills in this type of usage. i would appreceate your input. thanks

Go read the recordings subforum. Almost all recordings in there are direct. I suggest you seek out Cardinal of Crunk and Andi-O for straight ahead rock tones.
Harder music isn't so much my thing. Shop around.

But seriously, the Axe-FX is the best thing by miles for killer direct tones and this forum is full of this. Have you even been looking around here before you asked?

thanks dutch for your response to my question . yes i have been looking here and on you tube . most utube clips were done using external cabs and most of the posts ive read{ just in the last week which is how long ive been researching heavy} have been under the reviews & connections & routing catagory on the board index. most guys were talking about things other than direct recording. but now i will be spending most of my reading and listening on the recordings section of the index board thanks for pointing me in that direction. dutch another question if you dont mind ! how difficult is the learning curve on this thing .

Well, as far as the amp blocks go you can start easy and go deeper as you go along.
Some of the effects are pretty complex, though.

The upside of the Axe-FX is its flexibility and awesome tone, the downside is you have a lot of choices to make to get there. Most defaults are pretty good on the amps, so there will not be much need to go into the geek pages on the ampblocks right away, but the huge selection will take some time to cut down. And the real key to getting good tones is cab selection.

If you're already experienced at getting guitar tones in the studio or onstage, then you'll hit the ground running quickly with the Axe-Fx.

On the other hand, if you're not sure whether reverb should come before or after an amp, it might take you a little more reading. ;)

Back
Top Bottom