Keyboards

I would love that Roland unit but I don't know enough about these things to make an informed decision. I can't even play yet(!) but I was able to test-drive the Korg at the local GC. Why did you change from one to the other?
The WaveState is more for folks that want to tinker with patches and mess with all the controls. The Roland is well suited for people like me that just want to have lots of presets that are ready to go for very common stuff.

The WaveState is more for folks that want to tinker with patches and mess with all the controls. The Roland is well suited for people like me that just want to have lots of presets that are ready to go for very common stuff.
Doh! I may have to check it out. Thank you for the info.

I've been using Microsoft Natural keyboards for about 28 years until a couple months ago. I switched to Natural style Logitech wireless keyboard because I can switch between computers without needing a switch box for anything. But the feel and spacing is just different enough from the Microsoft Natural keyboards that I still haven't gotten used to it. I may half to switch back because I type for a living.
I have a USB switcher that switches 4 USB-3 devices between 4 computers. Even has a little button on a really long wire so you can mount it out of the way. Invaluable device.

I'm still using a 30+ year old IBM Model M keyboard as my main keyboard (the big, industrial, no-nonsense IBM standard business keyboards from a completely different era heh).

Weighs a lot and is uber-solid. I just love the feel of it...the keys have a certain resistance that I've gotten very used to. The thing is indestructible and just keeps on truckin'...definitely old-school, but it works for me. I'll immediately source one if/when this one ever dies.

I also like that it doesn't have the dedicated "Windows" key...

I've been using Microsoft Natural keyboards for about 28 years until a couple months ago. I switched to Natural style Logitech wireless keyboard because I can switch between computers without needing a switch box for anything. But the feel and spacing is just different enough from the Microsoft Natural keyboards that I still haven't gotten used to it. I may half to switch back because I type for a living.
Work gave me a laptop that it's definitely the path of least resistance to use. But the key layout is significantly different from my personal laptop I'm super used to, and so is the key spacing. Like you, I type all day every day, so this isn't great, but I'm getting used to it. It's the little stuff...

Interested in the switching beween computers w.o kvm what reference ?

I use a Filco with brown switches and I'm happy with it. I'd still rock my Model M if I didn't move from ISO to ANSI layout and if it had a Super key. There are new Model Ms produced by Unicomp who bought the machinery from IBM-then-Lexmark but the position of a couple of keys is wrong, the right alt key IIRC, which would make it a pain for typing European characters with an ANSI layout.

Also: I'd way vim melodies more than chords, Emacs is the jazz-chord nerd :p

Back
Top Bottom