Keyboards! Decisions Decisions (Yamaha vs Komplete Kontrol)

If there is any interest, I recently switched from a beloved Roland A-70 to a new Studiologic Numa Compact which I think has the same keybed as the new NI boards. I think that for me this was the best option. By that I mean that unfortunately no one today is using Fatar's TP/8S, which was the best keybed ever. I like the Numa. It is shallow and light enough that I can have 88 keys on the desk. I'm working with them on a technical issue but I think I recommend this product. The new Roland A series keys sadly don't compare well to those of the first gen IMO.
neat. just looked this one up. The Numa can connect directly to an ipad which i think is a great feature

If there is any interest, I recently switched from a beloved Roland A-70 to a new Studiologic Numa Compact which I think has the same keybed as the new NI boards. I think that for me this was the best option. By that I mean that unfortunately no one today is using Fatar's TP/8S, which was the best keybed ever. I like the Numa. It is shallow and light enough that I can have 88 keys on the desk. I'm working with them on a technical issue but I think I recommend this product. The new Roland A series keys sadly don't compare well to those of the first gen IMO.

What do think of the sticks?

I was offered an A70 recently by an acquaintance. Not free, but on the cheap side. I was more worried about problems with a 20+ year old keyboard, even though it was in good shape.

Dammit @Admin M@ ! Now you have me waffling between the Studiologic SL88 Grand and the Roland A88-MKII. :grinning:

Recently bought the KK S49 with NI Komplete 12 on their yearly summer sale... love the integration of hard/software, the Fatar key feel and especially the Smart keys (amazing if you’re not a keyboard scales wizard)... beware: on the forum there are quite some people having issues with transport functions etc. with the latest Logic version...

And the Komplete synths/Session Drummer/expansion packs are really an inspiration for me creatively! VST is really the way to go for me, but it’s studio use only...

Back
Top Bottom