Ken Susi (As I Lay Dying/Unearth)- Is the AXE FX III good for live?

Lord of The Rigs:
Hey guys,
After a hiatus from posting, I'm back with a video discussing my years of experience with amps, digital amps, and other gear. I've been using the Axe-fx III on tour for two years and couldn't be happier with it. Watch as I demonstrate how I integrate it into my setup with visual and playing examples. If you're keen on replicating my live tone, now's your opportunity to learn how.

I'm now using the standard and turbo for touring!! Both are great

Ken Susi :)

Lord of The Rigs:
Hey guys,
After a hiatus from posting, I'm back with a video discussing my years of experience with amps, digital amps, and other gear. I've been using the Axe-fx III on tour for two years and couldn't be happier with it. Watch as I demonstrate how I integrate it into my setup with visual and playing examples. If you're keen on replicating my live tone, now's your opportunity to learn how.

I'm now using the standard and turbo for touring!! Both are great

Ken Susi :)

Nice dude! Big fan btw. Fun fact, the first photo I was ever tagged in on the internet was with you and the other guys from Unearth at Ozzfest one year. Those were some of my best memories!

1909975_507704524643_466_n.jpg

@susiunearth I spent the morning listening to Unearth for motivation on the treadmill and then again this the afternoon while doing yard work. Crazy to see you post, cool Father’s Day present. Kudos, man. Thanks for the video.

i thought the axe3 turbo was a mkII unit. are there axe3 turbos in the mk1 configuration?
or is this just a mkii unit without the mkii label in the front and in the editor?

My little personal story.
I am a die hard fan of Andy James. Also all my life I wanted to play a guitar but had no money at all. Once I got a new job where my boss bought me a guitar on my birthday. It was at the time when AJ left ESP for Kiesel but had no signature guitar yet. So my boss tried his best to get me an old AJ ESP but everywhere stocks were empty. At the end he ordered a Kiesel for me, the model that AJ was using. One year later on my next birthday boss surprised me with an old AJ ESP :eek: It was one of the best moments of my life. But I have already had a Kiesel, why do I need another guitar? At that moment I was struggling with the sound. Bedroom player, no amps and cabs allowed. So I rejected that ESP and asked for an Axe-Fx III instead (I still feel terrible shame about this).

What's the point of this story? I sacrificed my dream guitar for the Axe-Fx and have never-never-NEVER regretted it. And after all when I see that my favorite artists play Axe-Fx I feel soo good and happy even more. Thank you, Ken, for sharing.

P.S. My boss saved AJ ESP and gifted me on my third birthday. Love him!

My little personal story.
I am a die hard fan of Andy James. Also all my life I wanted to play a guitar but had no money at all. Once I got a new job where my boss bought me a guitar on my birthday. It was at the time when AJ left ESP for Kiesel but had no signature guitar yet. So my boss tried his best to get me an old AJ ESP but everywhere stocks were empty. At the end he ordered a Kiesel for me, the model that AJ was using. One year later on my next birthday boss surprised me with an old AJ ESP :eek: It was one of the best moments of my life. But I have already had a Kiesel, why do I need another guitar? At that moment I was struggling with the sound. Bedroom player, no amps and cabs allowed. So I rejected that ESP and asked for an Axe-Fx III instead (I still feel terrible shame about this).

What's the point of this story? I sacrificed my dream guitar for the Axe-Fx and have never-never-NEVER regretted it. And after all when I see that my favorite artists play Axe-Fx I feel soo good and happy even more. Thank you, Ken, for sharing.

P.S. My boss saved AJ ESP and gifted me on my third birthday. Love him!
That's a really cool story, thanks for sharing!!

i thought the axe3 turbo was a mkII unit. are there axe3 turbos in the mk1 configuration?
or is this just a mkii unit without the mkii label in the front and in the editor?
Not sure! In the video I was using the non-turbo but my EU rig is hte Turbo. Both are great!

That was super cool. Great freaking tones - makes me want to go see you guys rocking out like right now! lol! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for this video, Ken. Shadows are Security was pivotal in my younger years (as was The Oncoming Storm for that matter), that must have been so cool to play what is likely the closest modern recreation of that tone in existence.

I'm still very curious how exactly it was used in the newest AILD album!

Back
Top Bottom