Kemper shows off new Rack unit!

It really does exactly what it says on the tin.

This is now officially my favorite saying of all time.

As for the kemper thing in general- I tried one and wanted to be blown away back when they were less expensive. It does really work just like it says on the tin and I think it sounded better than anything else I've tried except the axe-fx. I kept my Axe-FX II because I was more comfortable with it and it easily matched the best sounds I found on the kemper.

I didn't really care for the lunchbox format, but if and when a powerful amp is available for the hole in the back of it, that turns it into a head and that's pretty cool.

For me, the appeals are as follows:

* Nearly unlimited supply of amps- no need to beg for your amp to be added
* Quick front panel amp adjustment

The things I didn't care for back in early 2012 were:

* took forever to boot up (since improved)
* annoying to have to use USB stick to copy rigs to it
* inaccuracy in the profiling (and seeming inability to profile some things like blocking distortion)
* interface didn't make sense to me (as a user of fractal, line 6, digitech, etc...)
* no USB audio
* flimsy feeling mode switch
* unfinished/missing features
* as a non-FRFR user, many less amps to use
* inability to make meaningful change to cabinet, or remove cabinet
* very simple routing
* lack of technician-level adjustments

Lots of people love it and I think the love is well deserved. Its a great sounding device and a great option. I think its beneficial to everyone for it to be in the market... but I'll keep my Axe-FX, thank you.

Last edited:
Tried a Kemper the other day. It was great.
Would go for the Axe FX any day though.
A friend of mine bought it 2 weeks before the rack version was announced, big DOH! :lol
(He tours a lot)

from Heads Up! 600 Watts built into the Kemper Profiler at Skating Dog Productions – - – - ||| – - – - Media, Music, Gear, Concepts

"Owners of the original Kemper Profiler will be able to purchase the Amp Upgrade for a price TBA. It is required to send the Profiler to he manufacturer to install the amp safely."

Now, I've never played with one in person but am I missing something? I don't see what makes the Kemper a viable competitor. From what I see, it has half the features of the Axe.

Umm yeah, I'd say you're missing something if you're just comparing spec sheets. One of the most important aspects (ie: the sound), is what makes the Kemper a viable competitor. Not saying it's better or worse than the Axe II, but the tone, feel, and dynamics are right up there.

To me personally it's a matter of philosophy. I prefer the approach of actually simulating the core principals of something over "only" cloning the endresult. I like the flexibility this brings, and I feel like I learn a lot about guitar gear. (kinda have to) because I'm actually forced to analyze the sounds I'm looking for in order to understand what's going on and which effects have which impact on my tone.
In the end it doesn't really matter that much, though. Sometimes I'm still having a hard time to dial in on the axe what I have in mind and I find myself looking on Axechange, depending on presets, just like I would with the Kemper.
But as I said: I don't regret buying the axeFX for a second because I can identify with the thought behind it. I feel more like the creator of my own sounds and I like to own the effects and amps in Software rather than just the possibility to run profiles...

Plus... who is more dedicated than Cliff? :) What's that? Nobody? Thought so ;)

A little chunky. Is that 3U? Footswitch might make me pick up another one. Part of what I liked about it was that it IS a micro head. Make it a chunky rack rig and it doesnt fit my need. Time passes much more slowly in Kemper land. Throw the power supply in the back, grab a 1x12 and good to go...if the foot controller gets done. I dont remember how long ago kemper put a few drawings on the website-I've been out of kemperland for quite a while. Must be getting close though. Part of the reason I still have the GSP1101 is that the foot controller was done so well.

Plus... who is more dedicated than Cliff? :) What's that? Nobody? Thought so ;)
IMHO, the dedication factor can be beaten with a good team.
But the intelligence factor and building of experience in this field specifically? Less likely... ;)
Some Russians super brains would have to be fused together... ;)

Did somebody mention a rack?

Kemperlistened_zps384bf61f.jpg

Last edited:
wow.. that seriously sux...

I know that if that happened to me I'd be absolutely gutted...
is it too late for him to get a refund and then wait for the 19" rack Panzer Virelezz format??

Where we live, refund is not an option. Would cost too much to ship it back and get the other one.
We always argue which one is better, the Kemper or the Axe :p

How can any company come up with something as innovative as the Kemper Profiler and NOT make it rack mountable? So moronic I can't even comprehend it. I'm referring to the first version of course.

Back
Top Bottom