Kemper Issue ( humorous)

because we would be sending back a defective product in the box of competitor, and it's a bit of dry humor that I've been chuckling about since thinking about it last night, and it's highlighting how the mighty kemper literally just stopped working sitting in a studio rack, not touring, not traveling to band practice, just getting turned on once every few weeks, and the pwr amp died, so it's a fix your broken product that we sent you in the box that says AXE FX III, it's like sending in your iphone for repair in the box of a Samsung product. or a gibson in a fender box. it's my way of giving the finger to kemper.

clearly Kemper has established itself as a reliable product. I consider this a playful ribbing, and I bet the guys at kemper will chuckle over it

This is /r/madlads material. Maybe they will get a chuckle out of it.

Honestly I'm not surprised. Like people said. Stuff fails. That's why we have warranties and extended warranties on just about anything that gets sold. Hopefully they can sort it out for him.

Well the irony/joke/ribbing is not lost on me! Haha!

Especially given the seemingly high failure rate of these units and support cases

Electronics fail, yes. All the time! But some have lower failure rates than others it seems....

Pretty pathetic, IMO. I doubt Cliff and the FAS crew are so childish as to enjoy this. As others have said, electronics fail. Nature of the beast.

I've yet to experience a commercial pedal or multi-FX unit that failed on me. I have some old Boss GX-700's fromt he 90's that still work flawlessly. Tube amps on the other hand, all the time.

I've yet to experience a commercial pedal or multi-FX unit that failed on me. I have some old Boss GX-700's fromt he 90's that still work flawlessly. Tube amps on the other hand, all the time.
Then you never owned an A.R.T. SGE Mach II. :)

That sucker failed on me twice. A friend had one and his died too.

Kemper? never heard of it.

Problem is the plastic... and the Chinese...and how they dispose of thier spent nuclear reactor fuel rods.
They grind them down into fine particles.. and drop a particle or two in within the plastic.. of every Kemper. No wonder its defective.
Dont buy any plastic toys for your kids either..

Last edited:
Kemper? never heard of it.

Problem is the plastic... and the Chinese...and how they dispose of thier spent nuclear reactor fuel rods.
They grind them down into fine particles.. and drop a particle or two in within the plastic.. of every Kemper. No wonder its defective.
Dont buy any plastic toys for your kids either.

Seems, using your logic, the FM3 might run into the same issue. Damn!

ALL electronic products fail.

Just like here, the failures get an outsized amount of attention, since it's usually someone who runs into a problem, has to send the unit back, then gooses his 'My <whichever unit> broke' thread endlessly for the week or two they're not able to play. All with the inevitable 'ooh, I've got gigs lined, up, could this happen to me???' comments.

We never get failure rates for anything, but basic internet saavy tells us that it's not NEARLY as high as the chatter would have us believe.

Nothing to see here, move along. Get off my lawn.

R

Seems, using your logic, the FM3 might run into the same issue. Damn!
Now, Now
Its these green and flesh colored plastics they contaminate.... cloaking it in under the eco friendly colors and colors used for baby dolls and sex toys.
Not to mention... quality control standards dont even compare.

I think it's a good zinger... except they will keep the box, and I always prefer to store them indefinitely

Hah! My GX700 still works perfectly also and it saw more bars than than your average bear. Also never had anything fail on me . Of course, I know it happens.

Note that no Fractal Unit has ever had built in power amp. So a Kemper with just a broken power amp is on par with a fully working Fractal product. :mask:

Back
Top Bottom